1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

160gb hdd only showing 35gb

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by james111, Feb 18, 2007.

1. james111

james111 Regular member

i swapped my xbox hdd to a 160 western digital hdd. i used slayer auto installer, and now all im getting is 35gb not 160gb.
    whats going on? why am i not getting around 160gb?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i am pretty sure it is because when you installed the new hdd, you didn't choose to install a new bios that supports over 137GB, but then again, you should be at least getting the 137, try loading the auto installer again and reformat the f and g drives to get the rest of your space. then use xbpartitioner to combine f and g drive to get one large f drive.

3. james111

james111 Regular member

thanks i tried that and it worked.
    now one question, how come my xbmc dosent work. it just has red letters.
    thanks for the help.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

with xbmc, just seems like all the files are not there, i would delete that version of xbmc and re-ftp to your drive, or whatever method you use to get programs on there, you could just put your auto installer back in and choose to install app to e drive or f drive whatever one you are using. and a question for you actually, i am looking to put in a 250GB hdd into my cousins xbox with duo 2 modchip, what did you do exactly to get that hdd in, just put it in virgin and run the auto installer?, and also did you end up having to flash your bios or just reformat the 2 drives, your help is greatly appreciated to me, i have installed hdd's into softmod all the time but never a hard mod. i know you have to boot off the slayer or autoinstaller but what is confusing me right now is if i have to flash the bios or just reformat the 2 partitions because i think the auto installer automatically detects virgin drives right??> sorry for all the hassle.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  5. james111

james111 Regular member

All i did was i got a formated hard drive. Then i used the slayer 2.6 and it auto installed by itself.

I have another question where do i put videos(movies) in the hdd?

6. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

all you have to do is create your directory for where you want the movies to save, then just go there in xbmc. movies aren't like games and apps. just copy them there, locate and run. have fun

7. james111

james111 Regular member

thanks alot i got everything to work perfect.
    you were great help.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007