1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16X DVD+R suggestions

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jpbsarris, Feb 15, 2005.

1. jpbsarris

jpbsarris Member

Have just installed a new Liteon 1633s and updated to the latest firmware. Does anyone have any suggestions, advice on a brand of 16X media that will work? So far I only use Ritek 4X DVD+R and have always had great luck with them but I'm looking for faster media. Has anyone had luck with Ritek 16X DVD+R? Thanks.

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If you are going to burn DVD (Movies / Video) most of us here suggest not burning above 4x anyway.

Most of us all have Dual Layer 16x burners, but we all burn at 4x for perfect results.

I have E3works and Ridata G04 disks, and at 4x, everthing is 100% for me !

My 2 cents worth !

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Since your firmware tells the burner what to do with certain media, and since every manufacturer has a recommended media for the burners they sell, it's best to first see what is recommended for your specific burner then compare that to what others here on the forum state. It can't hurt and might save you a bit before buying the wrong media!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try sony + 1-8x media. I can get 16x out of them. These are made in japan and taiwan. The japanese sony +1-8x are ty:yuden000-t02.The taiwanese sony's are sony-d11. Many other members also reporting 16x speed on their burners with these.Spindle of 50 for $20 when they have them on sale.4x is still my usual speed.
    Later