1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16x RiData Media only reads at 4x!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kdob, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kdob

kdob Member

I have a Pioneer 108 which is a 16x burner. I have updated firmware and antec cobra cables. I have tested this media with nero and burned a few just to see if the 4x was really 4x. My results = 4x it is!
    Good thing I only bought 5 pack. Just got me some Verbatim 8x dvd+r and they show up as 12x off the bat. Faster than the Ridata 16x media for sure!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That is wierd, If you want to burn at 16x, try the sony +1-8x in the 25 pack spindle. They will let me go up to 16x,accidental,played great in my standalones. I also had a spindle of those verbatim +8x and also got 12x out of them,accidental again.

Those 16x may not be listed for your firmware to read.

Don't know if that helps you out any. Later

3. kdob

kdob Member

Has to be some kind of compatability issue. Regardless these verbatim's getting the job done, no complaints there.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

same here, those +8x verbs are the best i found. I am down to my last 4 or 5. The other verbs,4x just aren't the same.

On the label of those verb +8x,what country were they made in? I lost the label on my spindle.I think they were data life plus? I know they coded at mcc-003. The mcc-002 and ricohjpn01 verbs were made in taiwan.

5. kdob

kdob Member