1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16x toshiba slow down

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by DMzone, Feb 10, 2005.

1. DMzone

DMzone Guest

I have a sd-5372 burner that has slowed down for no reason that I can tell. I have burned about 25 dvd at 16x (it takes about 6.5 min) now it burns at 8x or slower about 11.5 min. I am using nero ultra 6 and I have another dvd burner nec 2500 8x. Also I have checked my ide settings and they are both at the u ltra dma. I ran nero dvd speed and it rips at 16.6x.
    Hope that is enough info. Thanks for the help.

2. DMzone

DMzone Guest

What do you have to do to get some help!

3. markcars

markcars Member

I've gotten the exact same drive (Pacific Digital) external USB2. Is yours external as well?
    First off, I purchased this from Staples with a 3 year warranty (which I paid for upfront). WHen I took the drive back to Staples, they said I was under manufacturer's warranty so I must go to Pacific Digital instead. (Good runaround/blame the other guy, even if I paid both) So I finally managed to get back my money for the 3 year warranty. Now the drive totally upsets me. I burn with Nero, with Roxio 7 and a few other softwares. This drive is supposed to burn at 12x dvd-r. Well if I record at 8x, and verify my recording, I always end up getting read errors. I even upgraded the firmware to the latest one. I am totally dissatisfied now. Just called this morning (4 hours ago) and tech suport first told me to go to Staples (Yes, the runaround again!) Later they said they would email me an RMA which I have not gotten yet (do emails take over 4 hours to travel across country?) However my drive did not slow down. It was always like this!