1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18 % error on The Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by thejaffx, Jan 24, 2005.

1. thejaffx

thejaffx Member

i have read what you guys have said about this error and i need help because nothing works. i use shrink and decrypter and i get the error everytime. if you find a method that works using this or others let me know. other questions are when i try to open files with shrink they can not be found ,but if i manually look for them outside the program they are there plain as day.i have also notice that there are two files when you copy a dvd to the harddrive one is the iso and one a mnd or something...do you have to copy both for a working dvd or just one and if both how thank you

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Try running AnyDVD in the background whilst ripping with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter, this should help.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. flankR

flankR Member

Hello. I have the same problem and don't know how to play a dvd and run shrink at the same time.
    i have one dvd-writer/cd-writer combo and a cd-rom.
    I tried to play the same movie i was backing up but it didn't change the problem.
    thanks
    cheers

4. J_man

J_man Regular member

thejaffx,
    when you are opening a .iso or .mds file in shrink you have to click on file at the top left and then click open disc image, then you will be able to navigate to your files. The open file's icon is for video_ts files.

flankR,
    ANYDVD is a program!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  5. bocheboy

bocheboy Member

I had the same problem when i did both "The forgotten" & "resident Evil", then i found some helpful people on this forum that gave me the solution. You have to first decode the disk with dvd decrypter...save it to a folder on your desktop or something (be sure to select MODE > ISO > READ before you start the process) When you are done open up shrink. now select from "FILE" > "OPEN DISK IMAGE". then place this file in a seperate folder on your desktop. In total you will need about 8-10 gb on your HD to complete the disk. Once it is done, open up decrypter again, select your file you just produced from shrink and burn it. Not really that hard, but it was nice that people are willing to share the knowledge otherwise i woulda been stuck forever.

6. kimbo17

kimbo17 Guest

Don't know what you mean by decode?help

7. bocheboy

bocheboy Member

rip it...rip it good

8. bobgoblin

bobgoblin Member

Ok im Stuuuupid I have created an image of The Forgotton on my C drive.I tryed Creating a iso and ifo.I downloaded Nero.But im not sure how to Intergate it with Dvd shrink.Ever time I try to open files while in dvdshrink the image i just created does not show up in my C drive.What the heck am i doing wrong here.

9. J_man

J_man Regular member

bobgoblin,
    What program did you use to rip the forgotten to your C: drive?
    When you are opening a (.iso or .mds) file in shrink you have to click on the word (FILE) at the top left and then click open disc image, then you will be able to navigate to your files. The open file's icon is for video_ts files.
    To associate nero with shrink, open shrink and click edit then prefferences then I/O tab and tick enable burning with nero.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  10. flankR

flankR Member

Thanks
    It seems to have worked great.
    much appreciated.
    cheers

flankR

11. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Use the newest DVD Decrypter to rip it and use DVD Shrink to burn it. You will have no problem.

12. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

I used the newest DVD Decrypter and then DVD Shrink and had no problem what so ever. Good Luck.

13. kimbo17

kimbo17 Guest

Still having trouble with The Forgotton...how do i get around the 18% when its Analysing.....I had no problem with Without A Paddle.....i do have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and Icopy2 also downloaded nero..HELP!!!!!! very new to this

14. flankR

flankR Member

hey kimbo 17.
    just use the decrypter and decrypt the movie then save it as an iso. file.
    open shrink and then go to open files and then go and find the file and the program will start to analyse it and it should work fine. They were pretty much the directions bocheboy gave me and it worked good.
    cheers

15. kimbo17

kimbo17 Guest

Thanks for the help was finally able to save to HD and use nero and turned out great!!!!!!!!!i'm sure I'll be back for help ..thanks again.