1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 Hitachi VM-2600A, no picture in the viewfinder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jbeave, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jbeave

jbeave Member

I apologize if this doesn't belong here, this is more of camcorder problem than anything.

So this is an old camcorder, records to VHS. It hasn't been used in years because we couldn't get a picture to show in the viewfinder (thought the battery was the problem, and never got a new battery). I have it plugged into an AC adapter right now and there's still no picture in the viewfinder. It stays black and it doesn't record anything, I've checked. Doesn't pick up sound either. But when I switch it over to Video mode and plug in headphones I can hear the movie playing (tried it with Small Soldiers).

I also downloaded the owner's manual for this camcorder, and the troubleshooting just says to take the lens cap off (it is) and to make sure it's powered on. So that's no help. It's too old to have a warranty, and too old to take it in for repairs somewhere. I'm trying to revive the thing myself. Google isn't helping much either.

Can anybody here tell me what I could do to fix this? Thanks.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

you need tv repair experience and professional help..

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php

because it's less that 20 years old you will have to be nice or they will give you the cold shoulder

do you have ANY electronics knowledge at all?

3. jbeave

jbeave Member

I posted a topic about it there, I guess they need to approve it first.

I take computers apart all the time but as far as other electronics go I don't know much.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

OK .. that's the first step.. somebody over there will be able to help and advise.. rather a complicated bit of electronics for a first experience.

I'll keep my eyes open for your topic.. I'm a member as well, but my area is tv's and amplifiers rather than camcorders.