1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1Click DVD Copy stole my hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RguyK128, Feb 23, 2005.

1. RguyK128

RguyK128 Member

I have a strange problem. Before burning a backup DVD, I had about 6 GB of free space on the hard drive that I allowed the program to use to make some temp files or whatever the program needs to burn the dvd. I figured that the program would delete the files after but it didn't, so I figured I'd do it manually. I tried to look for the directory that I specified in the program but it didn't exist and believe me, I've tried everything to look for it. I used TreeSize, which is a good program, but nothing appears abnormally.
    I have no idea where this "ghost" directory is or how I can delete it. Help.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The files should be located here

C:\Documents and Settings\XXyour log on nameXX\Application Data\1ClickDVDCopy

If you still cant find them try searching for .VOB and .IFO

3. brobear

brobear Guest

Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> Hidden Files and Folders
    Change to Show hidden files and folders, enter Apply.

That will show all the hidden files and folders you normally wouldn't see. Once you get through, don't forget to change it back. I don't know about the 1ClickDVDCopy, but Shrink has a hidden folder for all those analyzed files and it's located in the Documents and Settings as well.

4. RguyK128

RguyK128 Member

I still cannot find it. I found a similar problem though in a previous thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/154516
    but the person really seemed to have a small hard drive, 16GB vs. 80GB which is what I have. The problem and solution could still be the same though? I don't know....

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Here's some posts I found on the problem:

The location of your files on your HD should be set in the Working Folder. If you are using version 4. If you are using version 3 it will be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Login_Name\Application Data\1ClickDVDCopy folder.

Make sure your computer is set up to show temp and hidden files.
    Now go to your desktop and hit your Start button. Go to "Search". Open "All files and folders". Under "all or part of the file name:" Type in *.vob
    Click the "Search" button below. It will the show all of your movie files to the right of the screen. Give it 20 to 30 seconds to search. Then right click on the movie files that you want to delete and send them to the recycle bin.

I had to delete them once they were in the recycle bin to get my HD space back. I have Norton System Works and it protects the recycle bin, so when 1ClickDVDCopy sends it to the recycle bin it Is Not deleted completly until I delete the Recycle Bin, thus giving me back my HD space.

When emptying your recycle bin, also "Purge All" of the "Empty Norton Protected Files" if applicable.

You can also just use the Windows "Search" to find the files and delete them from that list. Hit your start button, select "Search", select "All files & folders", type in either... 1clickdvdcopy or Audio_TS or Video_TS (if you want to locate those folders) or use *.vob, *.bup, *.ifo (if you want to locate all the files). Then just delete them from the list... and empty the recycle bin when done.

The best way to know where these files are being put, in the future, is to tell 1Click what you want as a working folder (I use D:\Temp ). You can do the same with CopyToDVD... Other programs like dvddecrypter should offer similar options.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  6. RguyK128

RguyK128 Member

BROBEAR!!! You are a genius. My files were in the Norton Protected Files part of the Recycle Bin. Thank you so much!

7. brobear

brobear Guest

RguyK128
    You're welcome. Glad you got things straightened out.