1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1ClickDVDCopy Burning Slow

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by joebeaven, Oct 20, 2004.

1. joebeaven

joebeaven Guest

Hi,

I'm using 1ClickDVDCopy with Windows XP and a Plextor PX-708A. The DVD drive and Datawrite DVDs I'm using should be capable of burning at 8x. Up until recently they were burning at 4x which was OK. Now, though, I can only burn at 1x regardless of which blank media I'm using.

This started about a week ago when I was trying to copy some wrestling DVDs which it was having trouble with. (It would often reject the blank discs and I would have to start again.) I have reinstalled 1ClickDVDCopy since then, but it hasn't helped.

Please could someone offer some advice to help me correct the problem?

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Hookani

Hookani Member

Hi Joe,

Make sure your disk is not fragmented and your disk space is adequate. When I started to have problems (slow burn, errors, etc.) I did a de-frag and those problems just went away. Not saying that it will solve your problems but they solved mine. It's worth a try.

Hookani

3. joebeaven

joebeaven Guest

Hi Hookani,

The main problem was that the new version of the firmware I was using for the DVD drive would only allow it to burn in PIO mode. I've gone back to the previous version which now means it will burn in DMA mode which is much faster. I'm still getting a few errors though, so I'll try the defrag.

Thanks for your advice,
    Joe