1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1Gbps broadband rolled out in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by c4iscool, Apr 27, 2005.

1. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

Hong Kong Broadband Network has launched a new ultra fast service. The symmetric 1Gbps service costs approximately £112 per month, but obliterates the kind of speeds we are used to in the UK. We are eagerly waiting for the rollout of an 8Mbps service and consider that to be fast.

While this kind of speed is unlikely to be available in the UK for some time, the possibilities for its use are immense. Large publishers could offer direct download services for their games, online gaming could be revolutionised and TV channels could be streamed at MPEG-2 DVD quality. It is hard to actually imagine speeds reaching 1Gbps in the UK, but we can dream.
    -ircspy.com
    Can think u what u could do w/ that type of speed? I know the MPAA and RIAA would sh*t themselves. lol Japan has it good.

2. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Yeah I heard about the 1Gbps service like a week ago, as for 8mb in the UK where abouts are you located cos 8mb is nearly everywhere UK Online give great speeds at great prices too check em' out. http://www.ukonline.net :) and anyay with 1Gbps connection speed you pretty much got the net on your hdd lol, and most sites have capped downloads. The higher the speeds go the more limits servers impose. :(

3. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

I have a 15mb down and 2mb up connection w/ fios. I was talking to a fios tech and he said that verizon wants give 1gb speed sometime down the road. He also said that they could do it now, but for whatever reason they don't. damn japan gets everything before us!!!!lol

4. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

wait a minute.......... Isn't Hong Kong in China and not Japan ? :p

5. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

ur quick, and i'm slow. I never read a map. lol