1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem 1st gen modded xbox booting to dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by rsj33733, Oct 23, 2016.

1. rsj33733

rsj33733 Member

i have a 1st gen xbox that was modded. i have about 100 games on it. it will boot to dashboard but cant get to games. is there anybody that offer repair services on these modded xboxs. and i would like to get the modded updated to a more stabile version. its been years since this was done so im assuming that they improved the software to a point that stabile. also i would like to get the hard drive back up to another hard dive for safe keeping incase this hard drive takes a dump and i loose all my games.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Backing up of hdd requires cloning using the xbox.More on that can be got from link if you want to go that route, however they have the games as well to download.Best way to backup is ftp games etc to external on computer imo.

Need to find out if xbox is soft or hard mod.
    Hardmods sometimes have extra switches attached to front of xbox,only method i know of is remove top cover gently.Then look down beside left side (xbox facing you) through the mesh shield use torch if necessary or place near a window or light source.You see those 5 little upright notch things on the plastic base edge along the side,the third one & directly behind it through the shield,you should be able to see the green/blue mobo is there what appears to be another rectangular board hovering above it,if so pat yourself on the back it's a modchip & makes things easier

require screenshot of dash used,if its xbmc you'll need to add games source/location

Points of interest
    coin-ops : massive emulator with most retro games is about 60gb in size
    http://www.theisozone.com/

stuff you'll need apart from a larger hdd up to 2tb
    partitioner v1.3

AID : used to setup soft or hardmods etc,also handy tool to navigate hdd it's a live cd the xbox boots

If you make a topic over at iso make a link in this thread,it'll make it easier if you need more tools & can't find them as i have most of em & can provide download links to cloud storage

edit
    *links to set up disc AID on my cloud storage folder removed by me*

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016