1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st PS3 game

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by nottyer, Feb 14, 2007.

1. nottyer

nottyer Member

I've pre-ordered my ps3 for the 23rd of march, but i was wondering what game i should get for it. If anyone suggests any good games that is worth while for my first ps3 experience???

2. hade

hade Regular member

that all depends on what types of games you like. Resistance: Fall of Man is the best game out right now IMO.

this is a list i got from another site that includeds the launch titles along with PSN arcade games that will be available...

3. ferrytran

ferrytran Guest

i think one of the best games coming out will be Lair. im going to probley get that game for sure and the iso loader should be ready by the time lair comes out around may

4. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Lair is going to be sweet, and if you like racing at all, motorstorm is also going to be amazing. oh and also Oblivion

5. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

R:FoM, Motorstorm, and Oblivion look like the best games on the list, one of those should fall into a genre that you like. Personally, I would probably pick Oblivion, just because you get so much game for your money, but that's just me.

6. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

Oblivion is definitely a huge game for the price.

To be honest, unless you live in the middle of nowhere (I do) I recommend bringing the system home, and trying some demos.

By the European launch, there will be demos of Motorstorm (one out already, possibly a second to come), Resistance: Fall of Man, Full Auto 2, and then there's the rumored stuff I won't get into.

If you like shooters almost exclusively, go with Resistance. If you're into huge, demanding, long-playtime games, get Oblivion (it's great, if you like the genre). If you like anything else, Motorstorm is my recommendation. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm just trying to narrow it down for you.

More on Motorstorm, from me(skip it if you're not interested):

Virtua Fighter's out Feb 20th, and Tekken's coming (I believe) the 26th (for like $15, too), so there're your fighting genres hehe.

Honestly, by the 23rd there'll be a decent (not perfect) variety of gaming genres available. I'm greatly anticipating LAIR as well, but it won't be out until May-ish (as far as I know). In the mean time, Hade's list looks pretty complete. If you're unfamiliar with a title there, google it, or run a gametrailers.com search on it and watch some media- hope that helps.

7. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

n rainbow six vegas should be coming out a bit after the release(<3 weeks i think) so i would definietely check that out too

8. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

i think rainbow 6vegas and goodfather don edition are both comming out on march 20? thats the two best games for me.

can some one verify that?

thanks

9. nottyer

nottyer Member

I know rainbow 6 is coming out on the 25th of MAY and the don edtion is comin out on the euro launch date the 23rd of march.

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Resistance: Fall of Man and Full Auto 2 are badass... My girlfriend and I beat Resistance on hard(game that is) in 3 nights.. She never plays games and I was like wanna play. She says the Graphics is what got her attention.. Full Auto is my fav.. I have Sonic,Dark Kingdom,Fight Night,Genji,& Blazing angels... OMG SONIC SUX!!!!

11. dazila

dazila Regular member

When is F1 Championship Edition Comming I preordered it with the Ps3 but its comming later then the 23rd???

12. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Feb 27, 2007