1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0 Frustration

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Vicious88, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Okay, so I had 3.50, and finally talked myself into downgrading with the help of Lumines down to firmware 1.50, yet NOTHING I could do would make any homebrew games work...

Plus, the PSP wasn't holding my settings, so I figured there was a problem with the downgrade, and resolved the issue by upgrading to 2.0 (since many sites offer 2.0 homebrew).

What I wasn't aware of was that I had to have to files that I can't seem to find for the life of me:
    frame_buffer.png
    overclock.tiff
    (I'm trying to say those from memory, so I might be wrong)

I don't know where to find them, and to make matters worse, I can't seem to run any sort of homebrew or anything without them on account of this dang "Game cannot be played - data is currupt" message, or another one giving me some wierd series of numbers which I have google searched to the point of wearing the numbers off my keys...

My goal:A PSP that is successfully running SOME form of portable VNC (many reason for this) and hopefully a few emulators.

My problem:Nothing my mind can figure out is making this work... I've tried to locate both image files, but I can't find them. What I would really like is some way of getting this exploit to work. All I have is a pretty much stock (freshly formatted) 1GB memory stick. I need to find a way to make this work for me, and I know people here are capable of it. I've seen way too many homebrew games for 2.00 for me to think that this is really this hard. I just need to find files needed for the exploit.

So here I am, begging for help from those more experienced to PSP hacking than myself.

As an additional effort to both get help and bring hits to afterdawn, I'm going to list a bunch of tags below, since afterdawn gets priority in the google listings:
    How to hack 2.0 2.00 where to find TIF TIFF exploit help me please

The way I figure it, those tags will do two things: Ensure that someone finds my call for help, and ensure that anyone in my same shoes finds their way to afterdawn.

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

That is a beautiful post vicious88.

You know, you could have upgraded to a custom firmware after getting to 1.5. JUst a thought. It's much easier to run homebrew than using an exploit in 2.00.

And how were you trying to run homebrew on 1.5?

3. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Lol, what makes this a beautiful post, chanman1?

Additionally:
    I realized after posting this, that going to 2.0 was probably the biggest mistake I could make, second only to trying out the number of firmwares I did... So I'll outline what all happened yesterday:

3.50 -> 1.50 -> 2.00 -> 2.7 -> 3.50 -> 1.50 -> 3.30 EO-A

Yesterday was my birthday, and my girlfriend got Lumines for me... Needless to say, I had not intended to spend the day changing my firmware 6 times...

I've gotten portable VNC seemingly working...
    But nothing I can do seems to make it connect to the VNC server I've set up on my second desktop. I'm begining to think I may have set it up wrong, since even the VNC Viewer on the other desktop can't connect. (Brief History: I have two desktops at one desk, with only one monitor. Both stay on 24/7 and I've been swapping the VGA cables behind my monitor and switching keyboards whenever I wanted to access the second desktop. The reason I don't have two monitors is because the second desktop is primarily just a file/game server, but with only one monitor, it makes it hard for me to do any work, while my girlfriend is on the computer, and it is impossible for us to play online games together. The thought I had was I could use my PSP and Portable VNC to give me access to the second desktop while she uses the first.)

Also:
    I can't seem to load much of anything else in the way of homebrew software... I've tried running an SNES emulator, as well as a Genesis emulator, yet nothing has worked... I get an error message telling me something about not being able to play the game and it gives me a bunch of numbers... I'd give an exact quote, but it's 2:19 AM right now and I simply don't feel like re-installing anything just so I can read an error message... I'll post that here tomorrow... Promise.

4. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

The Custom firmware I'm running is supposed to be able to run things for both 1.50 and 3.XX firmwares, yet the N64 emulator I've read so many "Works fine" reviews for, doesn't work at all...

I'm doing something wrong, and I'm sick and tired of looking at this message:
    I'm pretty sure the problem I'm experience centers around having the two files for one application... I make this assumption because my VNC thing loads fine (just doesn't connect :( dang...) and it only has one file in my PSP/GAME folder... Everything else has had two files...

5. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Mua ha ha ha!!! My theory about the two files was correct!!! As long as I can get a version that uses only one file, it works fine!!!! Oddly though, the only ones I can find running on just one file are 1.0 fw homebrews, but hey - they work!!!

6. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

With the two files, put them both in the Game150 folder. If you don't have one, make a Game150 folder inside of

(MSROOT):/PSP

7. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Thanks I'll give that a try, but if all else fails, I certainly don't mind running the things from one file.

Thanks again!