1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2/3 video using TMPGEnd header trick on SA player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mrlanier, Jul 5, 2003.

1. mrlanier

mrlanier Guest

I have panasonic dv-f727 dvd player, which will not play normal svcd's, but will play vcd's, on a rear projection tv. I have been trying to make svcd's using the tmpgenc header trick. I tried using different settings in tmpg multiplex, simple multiplex,and svcd easy vcd1.0 complient and vcd 2.0 complient vdc. I am using nero to burn the svcds as a vcd. When I play the (S)vcds on my computert they are fine and full screen. When I put them in the dv-f727 the video shows up only on 2/3 of the screen side to side and 100% vertically. I have tried a download able test svcd ntsc image with all variations, but it has not helped. any suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Michael

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmmm ok, so when you burned it, did nero do any re-encoding at all?

3. mrlanier

mrlanier Guest

I have tried it both ways. If I let it re-encode the svcd will not play on the 727 if I don't it will play with the aformentioned problem.
    thanks,
    michael

4. Dela

Have you tried VCDEasy???

5. mrlanier

mrlanier Guest

Yep :(. I've tried burning as vcd 1.0 & 2.0.no success.

6. Dela

Do you reckon it could be the media you are using then or maybe your burner??

7. mrlanier

mrlanier Guest

Sorry to take so long replying to my own thread, but I have been tied up at work. Tonight I tried two different burners an hp dvd 200i & plextor 24/12/40a same result. 3 different cd-r's same result.
    Thanks for the help

8. Dela

must be the dvd player playback then! Not much else it could possibly be!