1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.71 and Backup Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Exposure, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Exposure

Exposure Member

Bought PSP for Xmas, v1.52. Disappointed as it was advertised as 1.5, but that's another story.
    However, much time spent "searching" (and my 7 year old wanting to play Lego Star Wars II) I managed to upgrade to 2.71.

Now I'm looking to see if I can load 1.5 from the memory stick or use custom firmware?
    Afraid I'm in need of some really idiot proof instructions, and also confirmation of what I need to do to make a backup copy of my UMD's and play off the MS. (I've tried connecting PSP to Laptop but I can't access the UMD Drive).

Any help would be really appreciated on this as I've got complete "search overload" and confused by different suggested methods.

Another thing to bear in mind the PSP is primarily for my 7 year old son, so loading games from memory stick needs to be like childs play!

Thanks again.

2. Exposure

Exposure Member

OK, I think I've partly answered my own post (after more searching!). Could anyone please comment on whether this is the correct/best way?:

Downgrade 2.71 to 1.5 using easy downgrader.
    Perhaps upgrade to 2.0 then back to 1.5 using MPH??
    Upgrade to 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE

I now undersand that you can only backup UMD's to Memory Stick.
    But I'm still unsure how to do this. Is Fastloader the best option?

I've ordered a 4GB Memory Stick from eBay and once I've tested to see if it's not a fake I'll be forging ahead!

Thanks for your time.

3. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

You sound like you are on the right track with all of that stuff mate.

Make you sure you read all of the readme's for the downgrader and OE-A fully, and you will be fine.

http://www.psp-hacks.com and http://www.pspupdates.com are two good sites for PSP stuff that you might need.

Good luck!

4. Exposure

Exposure Member

Thanks Npdyna.
    Any comment on making backups of UMD's? I notice you're using 3.03 OE-A

5. lommer

lommer Member

exposure here how to start first you have to know what your mobo is!! there are diffrent downgrader for diffrent mobo if you have a ta-082 then use the right downgrader for that !!! you can downgrade 2.71------>1.50 then upgrade 1.50------>3.03OE-A you can find all software in www.psp-hacks.com at the download section!!

6. Exposure

Exposure Member

Many thanks. The motherboard is a non ta-082 so I'm comfortable with the downgrade route.

Any advice on backing up UMD's to Memory stick would be appreciated. Fastloader seems to come up on a majority of searches - is this still the best product to use with 3.03OE?

7. Exposure

Exposure Member

Can anyone suggest the best option for dumping my already bought UMD's?
    Dax Dumper or Fastloader, and what versions?

Thanks.

8. bongguru

bongguru Regular member