1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.71 SE-C.... Fully Bricked? Been Searching Forever...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hiphoplsr, Jul 13, 2007.

1. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

Ok, so ive searched for ever and ever for an answer, but i cant find one... I've had 2.71 se-c since it was released, and everything worked perfectly fine, until like 3 weeks ago. i run iso's and cso's all the time, homebrew, whatever.... everything was good. every once in a while it would crash, give me the red screen, and id restart. but then one day, i got the red screen. i turned off the psp, and turned it back on... the power light comes on, screen stays black... about 3-5 minutes later, green light goes off. i have a brick in my hands. ive tried a bajillion times to get into the recovery mode by holding R, but to no avail. I dont know if this is because i dont have a recovery folder on my MS, but i figured it would still get into the menu..... tell me if im wrong.

if that is the problem, ill go buy a memory card reader and be done with it today. otherwise, i need everyone's help. its not like i dont know what im doing, im just getting desperate.

2. gangsta00

gangsta00 Guest

have u got msn? if so tell me it so i can help you faster ok?

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Make sure he PM's it. It's against the rules to post emails/im's.

4. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

ok... gangsta... i PM'd you with my specifics.

5. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

this dude is retarted.... "wanna send me ur psp so i can unbrick it?" eat my wang, UK boy

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Never mind that gangsta dude...

Anyway, if you cannot get to recovery menu, that's pretty much it. I've never used 2.71se, so I don't know if anything is different.

PSP's are getting a price drop together with the lauch of slim version. I guess you can wait to get another one pretty cheap. $129

7. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

hrm... thats what i was afraid of. its not like im a noob to the modding/hacking scene, i have absolutely NO problem ordering a 70 dollar modchip and installing it... its just that originally i got my psp used, so i have no warranty. but it sucks bcz i have almost 30 umd's, multiple 2gb memory sticks, carrying cases, everything. i love my psp...... i was just hoping that since i softmodded it originally i could softmod out.... but to no avail. if anyone has any ideas that i could even possibly try ( i dont care if i have to open the case), gimmie a holler!

thanks for even reading this parp
    mike

8. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

In that case, I'd say go for a motherboard replacement. I did one together with a bud of mine. While time consuming, it is do-able. We bought a 1.5 one from ebay for $40 with shipping.

Here's a nice guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/370436

On youtube there are also tons of video, give it a search.

9. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

thats not a bad idea... i wish i could get one from a trusted retailer rather than off of ebay... i really dont trust ebay, but i guess it might be my only choice. i hit up a couple of google searches....

http://www.xboxrepairguide.com/psp-motherboard-v27-p-960.html

that was the only place i really found that had mainboards for the psp... they have another model that's like 30$ more.... and i dont know the difference at first glance... but im also considering putting on a new faceplate and buttons while im at it, i'll just call it an "upgrade"

i might go the ebay route if i can find a reputable seller...

any and all help is appreciated

10. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

11. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

download the recovery and put it into the game folder.
    go into kernel mode on ur psp on start up...(hold r then turn on psp and keep holding it)
    and select run program at ..../game/recovery
    and it will put u back down to one unbricked.
    this only work on custom firmwares

12. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

apparently you havent read my first post.... plz read it, and then blackvamps posts...

13. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@hiphoplsr

That site www.foundmy.com is a scam. Check out the resellerratings.com for their site. Heres some quotes from the reviews...

I buy my game console parts (PSP included) from http://www.consolezombie.com/ They sell PSP motherboards for $89.99. A quote from their site about the PSP motherboards they sell...

14. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

@PeaInAPod

Thanks for the tip, dude. I felt like foundmy.com was a little shady, but it was the only site i found on short notice. I found this seller on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-OEM-Mo...yZ122516QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but i dont know if he's trustable. consolezombie looks a little amateur, but if it comes on good reccommendation, i might give it a shot. definately the kind of site i was looking for.

has anyone else used www.consolezombie.com?

mike

15. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well, I personally wouldn't buy the board since the seller fails to mention what firmware the board is running.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  16. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

well... how many times have you used consolezombie? more than twice? are they always pretty fast?

17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I've used them a handful of times to buy PSP parts. They were always quick with mailing my purchases out and they packaged them very well.

18. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I wouldn't buy from this seller, only 17 ratings, and is shipping from vietnam. Depends where you are from, but I always try to keep my ebay purchases from within US. And if you pay with paypal, you can very easily get a refund.

19. hiphoplsr

hiphoplsr Member

im still debating hitting up the consolezombie motherboard.... a little more than i really wanted to pay.... i mean, honestly, i could get a modchip for like 20$ cheaper and have it restore my original flash, plus then sell my psp for twice as much.....

so we'll see. anyone around here install a psp modchip before? is it really only 10 solder points?

20. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

What's your motherboard version? If it's not ta-79, UP is not even an option.