1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.8 Downgrading

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Lihborg, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Lihborg

Lihborg Member

Guys i'm not new in the homebrew buisness, but i kinda got out after i bricked my first psp fm 2.71. Now i've gotten a new one and it has fm 2.80. Is it possible to downgrade it back to 1.5 and then to either 3.30/3.40 OE? If so does the downgrader work for all motherboards? How come i dont see a downgrader on Dark_alex's website?
    -Peace!

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the safest way to downgrade (in my opinion) is the 3.03 downgrader. just upgrade ur psp to 3.03, and use that downgrader (ull need unpatched gtalcs)

3. Lihborg

Lihborg Member

Well thats just it.. i dont have it, if someone could be kind enought to post a link to the guide and the gta patch i'd do it!

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

i have one, but im not lookin 2 sell it. u could always rent one. it has to be on the UMD, it cant be an ISO or any other file.

5. guano

guano Regular member

Good call on renting it, mrmcman. And while you're at it, Lihborg, you might as well rip your own iso of it as well. haha

6. Lihborg

Lihborg Member

okey. Well i dont really plan on buying it, and i dont think you can rent umd's in the country that i live in. Just one thing are the 2.80 downgrades safe? Do bricks happen often?

7. guano

guano Regular member

Not if you're confident in the fact that you can do it. I suggest going to YouTube to watch someone do it first. Then you try.