1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.81 downgrade possible without GTA?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by BigD13, Jun 5, 2007.

1. BigD13

BigD13 Member

I am a completely new to PSP and have been trying to read up on hacks etc... I just purchased a PSP and do not have GTA. My current upgrade is 2.81. Just so I understand, is it possible to downgrade to 1.5 without having GTA?

2. BigD13

BigD13 Member

OK never mind. I have found another thread that clearly says it is not possible without GTA at this time. Thanks anyway.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Try looking around and renting from places. You can also buy one off ebay and then just sell it back. You gotta make sure it's the unpatched version though.

4. BigD13

BigD13 Member

How do I know if it is the unpatched version?

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Just buy a used copy from ebgames/gamestop. They are a 7-day return policy for all used games.

6. BigD13

BigD13 Member

Thanks for the help and patience with a noob. I'll check and see what I can find.

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

unpatched version has the 2.0 firmware update
    patched version has 2.6

like glenquag said, look at your local gamestop and find that right version...I just told the guy at the store (psp in hand) what I was looking for-and he sifted through their used ones and found the right one and I downgraded to 1.5 right in the store-which took all of 3 minutes...maybe you could get lucky like that too..the unpatched ones on ebay are going for like $40!! F-that!!

otherwise, isnt there a downgrader from 3.03 now that doesnt require the GTA patch out there??

8. BigD13

BigD13 Member

I have no idea if that is true or not. I just keep reading that I have to have the GTA game to do this.

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, I think I read incorrectly-or maybe somebody was just making up stories about the 3.03 downgrader that doesn't need the GTA patch.

in that case your best bet is to find one used at your local game store..and see what their return policy is about games..because seriously, you only need it for like 5 minutes tops...

10. BigD13

BigD13 Member

Ok - Now another question. What about my motherboard? I have read on several different threads that there is a MB that you can't downgrade b/c it will brick the PSP. How do I find out if my PSP has this particular MB? My PSP was a gift so I don't want to ruin it.

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

its on this thread here about mid-page

12. BigD13

BigD13 Member

I checked my PSP and it says IC1003 on the motherboard. Am I correct in assuming that I have the mb that can't be hacked?

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yeah, thats the TA-082 motherboard you have..you need to first upgrade to FW3.03,and then down to FW1.5**do not use the update function on the PSP because it will take you to FW3.50, and then you'll be screwed!!** after that, use the 3.03 downgrader which has the motherboard patch built in..

Check this forum for more details...

14. BigD13

BigD13 Member

Do i still need to have the GTA game to do the download? I'm at work and can't access the link you sent me. BTW - Thanks for your help.

15. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yes, you do need an unpatched GTA:LCS which has the FW2.0 update in order to use the 3.03 downgrader.

So to recap, you need to first update your FW to 3.03, then once you get a hold of a unpatched GTA, you can use the 3.03 downgrader to get you to FW 1.5...after that, you're golden!!

16. BigD13

BigD13 Member

Sweet! I just don't want to ruin my system but I'm sure with all of the threads and tutorials I should be fine. After I have done all of this... where do i go to get ISO's? I know I'm a loser newbie. LOL

17. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

as long as you follow the instructions, you will be fine..as far as obtaining ISO's- you will have to become better acquainted with your friend google...keyword ISO Torrent

18. REAM

REAM Guest

torrents, and newsgropus would be good for torrents, aswell as rapidshare and megaupload and such.

by the rules, i am allowes to link to sites with a link, just not the link themselves, so go here: http://www.pspiso.com/

19. BigD13

BigD13 Member

I found a used copy of GTA at EBgames but didn't purchase it b/c I didnt have my PSP with me and I want to be certain I get the right version. Is there a way to tell what FW the game has without loading it up? The outside cover had ULUS 10041 on ths spine and I've read somewhere that this is and is not the right copy. Cany anyone clear it up for me?

20. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

EB games keep the game disks and cover separated. So it's not a very good way to tell which version you gonna get. Just buy it, they have a 7-day return policy for all used games.