1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.81 Firmware - What to do?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by chick3n, Feb 16, 2007.

1. chick3n

chick3n Member

Ok, on my other psp, I have version 2.81. What do I need to do to get to 1.5? Links please? All I see are 2.71 downgraders and 3.03 downgraders. I do NOT have Vice City Stories. Advice would be appreciated.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well you have obviously found the right info so ... take a look at it. the only way u can downgrade ur psp to 1.5 is upgrading to 3.03 official firmware and downgrading with unpatched version of GTA:LCS. That's the only way to downgrade ur motherboard.

3. chick3n

chick3n Member

Ok well I guess I'm screwed then. Lol, can't find Vice anywhere. Meh. Oh well.

P.S. Is there any chance of a standalone 2.81 downgrader coming out?

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

no considering there is a 3.03 downgrader. even if a 2.81 DG came out it would more then likely still need the game. Got my copy for 17 bux at EBGames.

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well its a good thing you didnt buy Vice City Stories coz u need Liberty City Stories to perform the downgrade

6. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

get it cheap on ebay, then sell it and get ur money back!

7. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I dont mean to undermine your intelligence but, thats retarded. You cant get one off ebay for anything less that $40 because everyone knows how important it is.

8. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

er, yes you can. your reply was retarded. im not sure about the us, but in the uk, you can Buy-It-Now for £21. in the us thats $42, so you could buy it then sell it and only lose like £2 or in the US $4.

9. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I said that because you said "get it cheap". You cant get it cheap. Also, the reason I said "retarded" was because I was responding to a couple different threads and I think I confused a couple of them(including this).

10. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

well, its pretty cheap if your gonna be selling after your done with it. to me losing £2 is not realy a huge amount, considering the amount thats the games would cost to but instead of having a *cough* backup version of them. whats losing £2 when you could be saving hundreds. not a huge sacrifice.

11. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

sorry, about the spelling. i meant considring the amount the games would cost to buy.

12. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

You coulda just clicked the edit button. As far as buy then selling, you also loose the shipping cost and the auction fee too. But I guess its not that bad if you can sell it for more after.

13. gmcs

gmcs Member

Thanks for this thread - really useful.

One last question from me though - does this technique work with a TA-082 motherboard?

Am currently on a TA-082 with 2.81, and this thread seems to detail the only way forward.....

14. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Ya, TA-082 MOBOs are downgradible.

15. gmcs

gmcs Member

thanks. have successfully upgraded to 3.03 and ordered the right gta from ebay...