1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.81 - IC1003

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by msnaboi, May 17, 2007.

1. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

Hi all. Thanks in advanced if anyone can help...

I bought my psp about 5 months ago and i currently have 3 games (i purchased) but i want more and they are far too expensive. anyway, with one of the games i purchased, it required me to upgrade my firmware to 2.81. (when i first purchased it it was 2.71).

I have been looking about downgrading my firmware to 1.50 to play iso's and if it requires a firmware of 3.x then i can use a emulator or a program called dev hook i believe.

What i'd like to know is can i downgrade my psp to 1.50? when my psp was 2.71 (when first purchased), then i upgraded it to 2.81 (i know, i am an idiot!!!). so yer is it possible. also, i checked the inside of my psp (when you insert an umd) and i do see the dreaded letters/numbers of IC1003...

Please can any1 help. i also do not want to brick my psp. but i know there is always a chance of that happening...

thanks again...

P.S. Sorry if this has already been answered. The thread can be removed if that is the case!!!

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

Hey bro,to answer your question quickly...you can downgrade your psp to 1.5 but since you updated to 2.81 you need to get a hold of a GTA LCS unpatched umd game that has 2.0 update.Thats the only way for you to downgrade but if you had the 2.71 firmware you could have downgraded without the need of GTA LCS unpatched.
    So before you do anything else is find the GTA LCS unpatched,it sold on ebay,maybe your local Blockbuster caries it as well.Then you need to upgrade to 3.03 and once you do that you downgrade to 1.5 using your unpatched GTA LCS.

3. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

here in aus you can hire psp/umd games. well, where i live i know i cant. ummz, is there another way??
    thanks

4. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

*here in aus you CAN'T hire psp/umd games. sorry for the typo.

5. silentdan

silentdan Member

No there is no other way currently so you need GTA LCS,thats the only way.Also make sure that the game comes with a 2.0 update firmware which means its the unpatched GTA.If it comes with 2.6 then its no good just so you know.

6. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

so if i purchased an unpathced version (2.0) does that mean i put the game into my psp it will say upgrade firmware to v2.0 and it will (meaning it will actually downgrade my 2.81 to 2.0 with my IC1003 motherboard being unaffected?)

If it does do this what does this allow? does it allow me to play iso's? or do i have to downgrade to 1.5 after that?

7. silentdan

silentdan Member

What the actual unpatched GTA LCS game do is implement an exploit to your psp so it can make it possible for you to downgrade to 1.5 version.There is a ton of tutorials and im sure there is some here to on the whole downgrading process.I had to do the same thing when i bought my psp with 2.81 firmware.First you need to upgrade to 3.03 firmware and then from there start the downgrade process to 1.5.
    Just like i said get a hold of this game i mentioned and then if you need any further assistance ill be more than willing to help you out.

8. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

alrite, thanks mate. i derno when i can get 1 or where can i get 1 here where i live. but i'll try. thanks for ur help!

9. silentdan

silentdan Member

I got mine from Ebay it cost me $50 Canadian Dollars so try there its money well spent cause after that you wont need to worry about UMD's.

10. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

i suppose it is a one-off payment. pay for it once then free games for the rest of the time.

11. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

whats the chances of the psp getting bricked due to my dang motherboard?

12. silentdan

silentdan Member

The chances of your psp getting bricked is the same as updating your firmware from official sony firmware.Its very easy and if you follow a guide precisely you wont have a problem at all.I use to be in your shoes and was thinking the same thing but at the end i was shocked how easy it was to do.

13. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

is there any other game that i could use? i've seen the prices on ebay for them. they start off cheap and then skyrocket in price.

14. silentdan

silentdan Member

No,no other game will do what gta can do_Only this game contains the exploit that allows for code to be run on your psp.You could wait and hope that a non gta downgrader will come out but that could be a long wait.

15. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

well i finally bought it over ebay. i just need to wait for it 2 arrive. is just go 2 the "upadate v2.00" like in all the other games? and it will update (downgrade to 2.00?) and the chances of bricking?

16. silentdan

silentdan Member

First thing you need to do is upgrade your psp with a 3.03 firmware and dont update any higher then 3.03 or you wont be able to downgrade at all.
    Then after that i sugest you get a hold of a good downgrading written or video tutorial and follow that to the letter.
    There is plenty of written tutorials about the downgrading on the net and i believe on this same forums.Just search and u will find it,if not then ill help you out with a link to that.

17. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

1. I upgraded to 3.03 from 2.81.
    2. Now when, my gta arrives i was going to follow this tutorial
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about17935.html
    (3.03 Downgrading Instructions) Is this tutorial ok to follow even with my TA-082 motherboard?
    Thanks.

18. silentdan

silentdan Member

Maybe you should use this one cause i did and everything turned out great,not that im saying that the one you found is not good.
    Eventually its your choice im only telling you what worked for me and its easy to understand to.
    If you need any help just ask away and ill help you as much as i can.
    Just remember the first thing you do after you install custom firmware on your psp is back up your whole flash0 and flash1 folders from the recovery console.If u don't know on how to do that let me know cause flash0 is very sensitive are on your psp so don't delete or modify anything there cause u can brick.
    Good Luck!

19. msnaboi

msnaboi Member

which one?

aaa, that isnt in the tutorial. and this is the 1st i've heard of this.

20. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

dude i think you only need to worry about the IC1003 (TA-082) mobo if youre planning to put an Undiluted Platinum Mod Chip in ur PSP