1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Avi files to 1 DVD disk using WinAVI and Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by shulkman, Jan 9, 2005.

1. RAVEN...

RAVEN... Member

IF YOU USE WINAVI BATCH MODE TO CONVERT BOTH FILES
    & SAVE BOTH DISC 1 & DISC 2 TO SAME FILE(i'e create a new file )YOU'LL END UP WITH :-
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB
    BURN THIS WITH COPYTODVD OR NERO YOUR CHOICE ?
    AND THATS YOUR PROBLEM SOLVED NO NEED TO MESS ABOUT WITH 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS WHEN WINAVI DOES IT ALL FOR U!!
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    RAVEN...

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

RAVEN...,

Why all the YELLING?
    DivXtoDVD does exactly the same thing only difference is it is free and faster :)

3. joekwan

joekwan Member

To RAVEN:

I can use Batch Mode in WinAvi to convert multip media files, but it comes out with 2 main files,
    is dvd_0 and dvd_1, how do i combine that 2 file?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i personally use dvd2one for that but no doubt the other guys have alternatives and maybe freebie ones too.

5. Bhavana

Bhavana Member

I have downloaded some movies they are in MPEG and AVI format.Can someone tell me the step by step process to get a copy of each movie on 1 CD/DVD so that i can play it on my DVD player.I don't wish to buy any s/w and niether do i have a DVD burner.I have to first join 2-3 different files of same movie and then copy it.Plz help me.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

there is plenty free software to do what you want (read above posts), BUT you say you haven't got a dvd burner - 'fraid i'm all out of divine intervention this morn :)

7. Cynex

Cynex Member

Nero Burning Rom will not allow me to put the file into the VIDEO_TS folder when using the DVD-Video maker. It says the file exceeds 2GB and ISO cannot hold that large of a file, and to use UDF. That requires to make a DVD-ROM which my player will not read. I know there has to be away around this problem, but I dont know what it is.. so that is my question.. how do I make Nero accept the movie file?

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

1) open a new thread, for different posts. This thread is getting too crowdy
    2) Bhavana, read http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ and http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110106 . You probably will have to make (S)VCD movies.
    Why? Only 80' of VCD movie (lass for a SVCD) fit on a CD-R. If you need to 1) take pieces from 2) join some mpeg movies, you can do TMPGenc___Merge & Cut. Obviously all files must be of the same type (you cannot join a SVCD mpeg to a VCD one).
    3) Cynex, read 1) and do not Nero. Use the methods posted on http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ .

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  9. flygirl

flygirl Member

I have the same problem about joining two Avi files together, but I keep getting the response.....different sampling rates.

How to I convert the sampling rates so I can join the avi's?

Flygirl

10. Whiskymac

Whiskymac Guest

I struggled with winavi batch media files convertion which is anything but user friendly. Clicking on "add file" twice, adding the 2 files seperately that you want to put on a single DVD disc, results in a message half way through the process to say that the file already exists. If you quit, well you quit. If you continue, the folder containing the vob files for the first converted file is overwritten.

The solution is to click "add file" then select both files at once (using ctrl click) and "open". Trouble then is that files are added in reverse order i.e. files listed as CD1 and CD2 will be processed CD2 then CD1 so your eventual burnt DVD will start half wy through.
    The easiest way to overcome this seems to be to rename the original files so that 1 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 1. It then works like a dream.

Pity the whole thing's a nightmare to discover. Surely this can be sorted out by the software writers.

You can hover your mouse pointer over the file titles in the final window to check that they read CD2 then CD1 (now the "correct" order) before OK-ing the convertion process.

In the that same final window you can hit "advanced" and then select "constant video quality" (then select from lowest to highest, resulting in increasingly large files which may be too much for one DVD disc) or "constant video size" where you can select 1 disc and disc capacity 4300MB and Winavi produces vob files to neatly fill 1 disc, thus maximising quality, hopefully!! Worth noting that whatever you set will remain the default next time you use Winavi.