1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Hard Drives in 1 Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by s2a, Apr 21, 2005.

1. s2a

s2a Regular member

Can I add a 80 GB Hard Drive into my Xbox while keeping the 8 GB? If so, can I do it like the master and slave way?

And this is a question that doesn't have too much to do with this but, how much MB Cache is there in the original Xbox's hard drive and what exactly is Cache?

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yes you can have 2 hd's in your xbox...you will need to get a new ide cable and you will need to make a switch for the hd's...you can NOT run both hd's at the same time...the switch will regulate which hd gets the power and which does not...you will have to do some serious case modding if you plan on fitting the hd into the xbox...i simply took a laptop hd and mounted it beneath my dvd drive, and everything works great.

3. s2a

s2a Regular member

Is the switch thing gonna be like the switch behind the ps2 or is there gonna be wires everywhere?

4. s2a

s2a Regular member

I heard I can buy this switch at RadioShack but I need you to tell me exactly which product it is. Send me the link. (where it is located in RadioShack)

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest