1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 hard drives in a xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by trevorn, May 22, 2007.

1. trevorn

trevorn Member

well i know that 2 hdd wont fit inside but that's not the question. i would like to know if you can have 2 hard drives running at the same time. mabie by unhooking the dvd rom and pluging in another hdd. please let me know of any info.

thanks,
    trevor

2. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

even if it did work wouldnt it take a real long time to load anything up???

3. trevorn

trevorn Member

well as far is i can understand one hard drive used on a ide cable is fast. not as fast as sata but whaterver. when you use your hard drvie and a dvd rom in a pc the access speed does decress both in the hard drive and dvd rom.

i dont think that the speed will decrese when only one drive is used at a time. please let me know if you find out any more info :)

4. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

ill look for some shiiii but if i dont find anything at least i tryed.... =]]

5. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

There is only one problem. You will have to have a multiple ide adapter that can hold both hd drives and the hd. Plus the xbox's bios might not detect it unless you flash it with a different bios that will.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  6. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

There is only one problem. You will have to have a multiple adapter that can hold both dvd drives and the hd. Plus the xbox's bios might not detect it unless you flash it with a different bios that will.

7. trevorn

trevorn Member

true true... but if i'm going as far to flash the bios to read 2 hdd why not just flash somemore and remove the dvd drive alltogether. well that's going to be alot harder.i will just have to find astock bios and study the crap out of it.

8. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

So just removing the dvd drive and replacing it with the hdd. I once thought of that when trying to fix my xbox, but I didn't think the xbox would boot if it had doubles of all the drives. If you are using a hdd that doesn't have any of the xbox drives that might work.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

your both wrong. the xbox will function just fine without a dvd assuming that its modded. however trying to put a second hard drive in the xbox without using a switch isnt going to do any good. the master hard drive is going to work just fine, but your secondary HDD isnt going to do anything as it cant be read.

10. foxrider

foxrider Guest

are you guys talking about a regular xbox or a xbox 360?

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

regular

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

no you can not have 2 hd's running at the same time. you can however have 2 hd's hooked up, but they must be hooked up to a switch. which would mean you would have shut off the xbox and flip the switch to access the 2nd hd.

back in my modding days i had a 3.5" 300gig and a 2.5"100gig hooked up. i mounted the laptop hd underneath the dvd drive and the switch in the back of the xbox.

13. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

mike i saw your post in another thread and i just wanted to know how do u make your games stealth for live?

14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

ill pm you, lets not get off topic on another thread.