1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 layer games (Help)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by maulucci, Oct 17, 2004.

1. maulucci

maulucci Member

I was just wondering if a game like madden 2005 can be backed up normally, b/c when I check the game it says it is 2 layers but is only 3 gig. so can I just make a normal dvd-5 with that. also for games that are 2 layers and too big, can you shrink them like movies, using dvd shrink (or someother program). I hope someone can help me out as I am new to this.

thanks

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

don't own this game myself but if its only 3gb then you can burn it to dvdr but the larger dual layer discs can't be shrunk like movies, if you can burn dvd9+r dual layer discs and can get them to boot in your ps2 then you can use them, if you can't then you will have to split that dvd9 game to multi dvd5 discs or rip the game to fit a single dvd5 disc

3. maulucci

maulucci Member

thanks for the info. I checked my madden again b/c I had seen that someone posted it was 6 gigs, if i check it in "my computer" it says 3 gig but when I loaded it in dvd decryptor it showed as 6 so I was wrong with the size at first. but I was also told that the regular version of madden05 (not the collector like mine) is only single layer and 4 gig.