1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Layers

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Womble234, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Womble234

Womble234 Member

Hi, I'm very new to PS2's in general, and after reading the FAQ, was wondering what games have 2 layers, and what gaems have 1. I was also wondering how hard it is to backup a 2 layer game. One last thing, I have a PS2 slimline, that is capable of reading copied DVD-R, will that effect wether my backups work or not?
    Thanks in advance.

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Hey m8ty, There are a few games that have 2 layers such as Xenosaga1 and the new GT, There are a few websites that give you information about what games are DL and what ones are just normal 1 layerd games i think theres a post on this website about it but i cant remember what form its in, Getting DL ps2 to work is very hard but it can be done by down sampleing. As for your new slimline ps2 it can play backups as long as you have it modded I.E. Swap Magic 3.3. I dont see why it would make any diffrencts you having a slimline, i have a older ps2 version 6 (i think) and i can play back ups with out any problems, like i have been playing back ups of Devil May Cry 3 and Fight Night Round 2 with out any problems i use dvd-r disks i like using TDK or Verbatim and burning at 4x using Alcohol 120%, the only problem i have is with +RW disks which just do not want to play but you may not have that probelm seeing how you have a newer ps2 than me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005