1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 main movies?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sharkz, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Sharkz

Sharkz Member

Hello everyone, new to the forum been reading alot. Great site with TONS of info.

Question for anyone, I'm doing the new dvd *eight crazy nights* When I use DVD Shrink 3.0 and go to the *main movie* folder, there are 2 titles there almost the same size. One is 2933mb the other 2940mb. I know one is widescreen and the other fullscreen. I just want to copy the fullscreen and nothing else. But how can I tell which title is which? Don't want to waste a DVD to find out. LOL Thankz..

2. koola

koola Guest

You can preview them in DVD Shrink, just click on the file and it should play then automatically.

If it doesn't, you need to enable the preview by going to Edit, preferences then Enable Video Preview.

Should solve you problem :D

3. Sharkz

Sharkz Member

I have previewed them both in DVD Shrink but they both fill the entire preview window. They look exactly the same. So not sure how to tell... Thankz for the help Koola...

4. koola

koola Guest

Hard to tell in Shrink as I normaly put discs like that in CLoneDVD which you can then tell because one is normaly on 2ch and the other on 6ch, so its the 6ch one to copy.

If you dont have or want Clone, just to ip-dip-do! :D

5. Sharkz

Sharkz Member

Thankz again boss.. I'm off to play with clone dvd.. Peace

6. koola

koola Guest

No probs Sharkz, happy to help a newbie :D

7. RussReef

RussReef Guest

"how can I tell which title is which? Don't want to waste a DVD to find out."

Rip the one you think is widescreen to your harddrive. Then, play it from your hard drive to make sure it is, before you burn it to a DVD.

8. Sharkz

Sharkz Member

Russreef thankz ;) Worked like a charm. I,m such a noob I didn't even realize you could do that.. Lmao..

9. RussReef

RussReef Guest

"...you can then tell because one is normaly on 2ch and the other on 6ch, so its the 6ch one to copy."

I don't think that's a reliable way to do it, but I could be wrong. "2ch" vs. "6ch" sounds like it has more to do with whether you'll get "2 channel [stereo]" or "6 channel [surround sound]" audio, than anything having to do with whether the video is widescreen.

FWIW, I alway rip with "6ch" audio even though I only have 2 speakers on my computer... You never know when I might get better sound equipment! :)

I don't bother with "DTS" (or is it "DST"... can't remember) because it usually takes up too much space that I'd rather use for video quality. Plus, I'll likely never get sound equipment THAT good to make it worthwhile! :)

10. koola

koola Guest

6ch nearly 9/10 is always in widescreen as it is normaly the main movie. Extras or second angles are always done in 2ch so they save sace on the DVD. Using this method has always worked for me, especially with Bollywood DVD's.