1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 movies to one DVD-r/rw with menus and subtitles

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mikko_78, Feb 21, 2004.

1. mikko_78

mikko_78 Member

I have 2 dvd-movies that i'd like to fit in to one dvd-r. I can do that using DVD Shrink first to rip the movies into hard drive and then reauthor and make fit together. I have now 2 movies on one dvd-r.

But that way i can't make menus. Next i tried to use TMPGenc DVD Author to make menus and then fit the new project to DVD-R with DVD Shrink. That way i get the menus but not subtitles (TMPGenc dvd author doesn't support subtitles).

So once again what i'd like to do is:
    1. Rip movies to hard drive. Make separate folders to each movie.
    2. Import VOB files made in section 1. Author DVD with menus and subtitles. (this point it would take about 9 Gb disc space)
    3. Fit movies to DVD-R with DVD Shrink.

So what would be good dvd authoring software to use in phase 2? Important features are ability to import VOB-files and subtitle support (straight from VOB, not separate subtitle files).

2. DVDR(W)

DVDR(W) Guest

Well there is none. DVDMaestro and Scenarist are the best for that job but even those cant import VOBs directly. You have to demux first...

3. malum

malum Regular member

DVD Lab will import VOBs (I don't know about subtitle support)

You can either leave them as VOBs or it will demux them for you (it doesn't recommend the first option)

4. dustybin

dustybin Member

edit : [ [bold]CAPS[/bold] off ] !!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member