1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 parts of a movie on one blank dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by paulser99, Jun 23, 2004.

1. paulser99

paulser99 Member

Okay. when i first started to make back-up movies i knew only how to put them on 2 dvds..now i know how to put them on one dvd...but i have some back-up movies where i put them on two separate dvds and i would like to know how to put them both on one dvd..what is a good program and how would i be able to do this..thank you for your time

2. paulser99

paulser99 Member

i looked through the threads and saw one about 2-1 or something using dvd shrink..and i tried to open my back-up movie of american history X that was on two separate dvds and the prgram gave me some erroe about not reading the disk right or something weird..but i dont know what to do?

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

use your original disc. Some backups dont burn properly, or poor quality media has been known to fail over time.

is a little vague

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

sorry i was being vague as well. was it a bad sector error?? or an incorrect file format?? or some thing else??

either way your best bet is using the original

5. paulser99

paulser99 Member

I dont really know what it was..but thanks anyways..but does anyone know how to get the two movies onto one disk....or should i just start over from the beginning with each movie and put them on one disk? because i dont like when i get through half of the movie and it says for me to put in disk 2..that sucks well thanks again.

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

use the original
    open shrink, open disc, wait for it to analyse.

you have two options, backing up whole movie including menus/extras or backing up movie only which will still give you chapters but no menu (this is your better option on bigger movies as it will get compression down)

option 1-click on backup and wait, if compression is around 80% or less deep analysis is recommended

option 2-click on reauthor, drag main movie across to backup window, go to compression settings, uncheck unwanted sound and subtitles, backup. (i recommend running deep analysis if compression is around 80%).

If you have a dual sided disc/2 discs which you do, use option 2.Go through the above steps with side 1 or disc 1, which will put that side on your harddrive. Then reopen shrink and go to open file, browse to the above file on harddrive, open it, click on re-author, open dvd browser and browse to dvd drive (which now has side 2/disc 2 sitting in it), drag side 2's movie into your window and you will now have [bold]Title1 and Title1(2)[/bold]. Back up this and shrink will output it as disc size. You will get a slight pause between title changes, much the same as from the layer change on original movies. This method can also be used for 2 completley different movies/episode discs however compression does get high

7. paulser99

paulser99 Member

okay i finally found out what dvd shrink told me when i tried to open the disk one files....it says invalid DVD navigation structure... i found this guide on how to fit 2 dvds to one disk and i am looking at that seeing if it is possible for me to do that with my two disks right now,,but if something else is better please post back thanks again..i am soo happy i found this site for backing up my ps2 games and dvd movies!!

8. paulser99

paulser99 Member

okay sorry im so late with this answer, but to your last question deadcat..
    If you have a dual sided disc/2 discs which you do..
    I don't have a dual sided disc..i have to separate disks but the first part of the movie is on one disk and the second part of the movie is on the second disk, so i have the full movie on two separate dvds.. after i put both dvds in and use dvd decrypter, i will open the second disk with dvd shrink and it will analyze it and everything fine, but when i put the first disk in and try to open it with dvd shrink, i will get a box that says dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue failed to open file "C:\Americanhistoryx\video_ts.ifo" the system cannot find the file specified...or i will get an error that says invalid dvd navigation structure

9. NanoDvd

NanoDvd Member

I tried useing dvd shrink (3.1.7version) to backup two movies into one disk useing methods described in this forum. whenever I opend IFO files of the second disk they replace first one.
    I tried renameing the files and put them in the same directory. However this is not a sound way of doing things...... any suggestins

10. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

paulser99, what program did you use to get 2 discs?? I think IfoEdit may be what your looking for. Although using the original is going to be your best bet (and alot easier).

NanoDVD dont open the ifo file with shrink, just scroll to the folder you movie is and click on it

11. paulser99

paulser99 Member

i think that the program i used when i first started to back-up movies, was dvd Xcopy...this program was the one i used and that is how i got my two disks for the same movie but i will try that Ifoedit and see if that will work thanks a bunch.

12. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member