1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 PSP's to upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mz_, Apr 28, 2007.

1. mz_

mz_ Member

I have 2 PSP's, one at 2.71 and one at 1.50. Both are not TA-082 motherboards.

I want to put custom FW on both, so some questions. I plan on getting two Sony 4GB Duo cards, so should I goto 3.03OE-C, 3.30OE or 3.40OE? I want the FW with the most compatibility with both games and video.

I only have one 32MB Duo card right now, so what is the best and easiest way to update both PSP's? I know 2.71 needs to get to 1.5, I have EBOOT_1.5, Downgrader2.71FULL, and Downdater271 is this what I need?

Once both have 1.5, whats a good way to get to the custom FW? Should I follow the guides at PSP-HACK? or is there something better? Remember one PSP is at 1.5 already.

Thanks for any help. I just don't want to brick them.

2. sandman28

sandman28 Member

first off for custom firmware your gonna need a bigger stick then 32 megs beacuse 3,40 cfw is what i would update to and the files for it require at least 50 megs of space

3. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

for starters i must compliment u on sorting out the questions

3.40oe-a is the newest and most compatible with stuff so i'd suggest that and due to memory constraints i'd suggest googling for a easy installer

Downgrader2.71FULL is the only thing u need to downgrade

once again the easiest way to get to a cfw is with a easy installer

4. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

if u use a easy installer then u dont have to listen to sandman cuz it comes with a premade data.dxar

5. mz_

mz_ Member

Ok I got an Eay Installer, "3.40 OE Ready to Flash.zip". So I should be good to go? Do I still leave the PSP plugged in while I do this?

Thanks for the help.

6. mz_

mz_ Member

Also, will this include a 1.50 recovery mode?, or would I need something like "Recovery_EBOOT_ALL_OE"?

And once I'm at 3.40OE, can I format my Duo Card? (Will Recovery still work, if I do?)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  7. mz_

mz_ Member

Another Question. Should I just use the 3.03OE-C Wininstaller, since some people say there isn't a 3.40OE Easy Installer. Not sure if the one I have is real or fake. Since I'm doing all this on a 1 32MB Duo Card with 2 PSP's, will all this work? What happens when the 2 4GB cards arrive, can I just pop those in and format them?

8. goosa23

goosa23 Member

ok for your first question just follow the read me file. it will give you the directions. your second question: if you format your memory card you delete all the files. recovery will still work but you need to put the recovery files back in your game folder. as far as your last question i'm not 100% sure but i would say no. if you're getting 2 4gb memory sticks why not just wait since you can't play any games of your memory stick due to the lack of space. that's just my opinion though.