1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Question About Argon for wii.. thank you

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by untill, Feb 11, 2008.

1. untill

untill Member

1 question is do i have to update my argon chip before for after installtion, and where can i find the program and the update program, i have the jtag chip and the argon chip.

2 question is there is alot of diagrames out there to install my argon chip upside and bottem side install, i am planing to do the top side install, here is diagrames i found i dont play on install the 4 extra wire i live in the usa so ntsc is ok games for me, please tell me which diagrame is up to date. thank you

1.http://www.techsick.com/articles-argon-d2c-modchip-wii-install-guide.shtml

2http://www.infectus.biz/diagrams/argondiagram080208.jpg
    thank you all sorry if have upset anyone out there.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can update the ARGON either way. In the Wii or before you install it. If you install the ARGON before updating you need to have the Wii powered on to update the Modchip.

You can get the program for the Infectus/Injectus Programmer HERE.

HERE are USB drivers you may need when hooking the Injectus up to USB.

HERE is the ARGON 1.3 update.

HERE is a guide on how to program the ARGON with Injectus programmer.

For future reference you can find all of this at the official Infectus website HERE under tutorials & Downloads.

Here is a nice skip a leg diagram for the ARGON/Infectus. The ARGON is black with white text.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. untill

untill Member

thank you i took apart my wii and wow the picuters are very nice to show where the wires should be placed but, da#@ is it hard, i mean there is no room to place solder or the wire i just dont know how anyone could do it, so i started and i have done 8 wires out of 13 but each wire as i place ther is no room to place another, i tried and tried but i always need to move a wire to place another but the solder comes off and the wire falls off, and i very hard to see if i soldered two wires together, as i know it i think life is over for me and my wire but i am pushing on,just to connect all the wires and see if i broke my wii or not,wish me good luck everyone, give me tips sorry for leaving a log message, i just want tips. please dont let it dye.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What gauge wire are you using?

You should be using 30AWG wire.

You can get it at Radio Shack if you have 1 near you. HERE is a link to radio shack that shows what I am talking about.

You should double the wire for the +3,3 and ground connection.

HERE is also an alternate install that uses via points on the backside of the Wii drive board (This is shown toward the bottom of the link). This giving you the option to install it without soldering to the Chipset legs.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  5. untill

untill Member

thank you for your post on this picuter which have the install diagram what's differnce between skip legs i did not use this diagram now nothing works should i desolder my agron chip and try this diagram i hope i can save my wii. someone make me feel better

6. wiizrd106

wiizrd106 Member

Hi, i bought my wii premodified with Argon. I just want to ask if the ff:
    1. Is it safe to connect it to the internet and access weather, news channel, wii shop etc?
    2. Is safe to perform an official wii system update for 3.3?
    3. Is it capable of playing downloaded and burned wii iso games?
    4. Can I still play original games?
    5. Will the wii shop work with 3.1U w/o updating?

I bought my wii with 3.1U version. Please tell me other do's and dont's with my argon chip.

Thank you!

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

@wizard106 Don't hijack threads, don't multipost, and like I said in the thread you started saying exactly the same thing, read the rules and search.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@ggbarnum
    Take a peek at the rules - #14 in particular.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Answers to your questions...

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) It might want to update to new version.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008