1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 questions before i start burning...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xtreme88, Apr 11, 2004.

1. xtreme88

xtreme88 Member

My first question is when u back up a DVD-Rom based game does it have to be on a DVD-R or can it be on a DVD+R. Because i backup a movie i have on a DVD+RW and it plays great on my ps2 V7...

Second of all, if i am using the Swap Magic dics, do i need to pacth my backups and if so what program do i use again???

thank guys and happy easter

Frank

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

happy easter my friend. your version is compatible with both type of media -r/+r, and its great that you got rw to work on your ps2, most ps2's are picky with that.as far as patching games, theres not a whole lot of games that need that, check www.swapmagicfix.com to see the list i think theres only like 2-3 games that need this, sonic heroes being one of them

3. xtreme88

xtreme88 Member

Thank you very much for your reply i appriciate and i guess if i dont need patching on most games i can just use DVD decrypter to copy the games right?

4. xtreme88

xtreme88 Member

Jdilla, i just realize that u use fliptop and swap magic dics aswell, im just about to buy them on monday... anyway if u could help me figure out where i should buy my fliptop and the SMD's...

And if u have a link u know that could help me with DVD Decrypter it would be GREET!!!

THANKS ALOT!!!

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

im glad to hear i helped you out in some way.you can get the latest version of dvd decrypter here in afterdawn just do a search for it. swap magic and fliptop works great man. i suggest you get them, heres the site where i bought two fliptop/swapmagic disks combo from.. www.tisinc99.com, you can use dvd decrypter, alcohol 120% and pretty much all the programs that i have in my signature to backup ps2 games peace playa!