1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Red Lights on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by madeira83, Aug 31, 2011.

1. madeira83

madeira83 Member

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but i have an xbox 360 that was given to me that 2 red lights appear. I took the xbox apart to see if there was any dust on the heat syncs and there wasn't. I took off the Heat syncs and cleaned off the the thermal paste off the CPU and GPU and i am about to put on new thermal paste to see if the issue resolves. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any recommendations on anything else i should to to cover all the basis. I read about the xclamp Fix but that fix seems to be more for 3 red lights and i only show 2 appearing in about 5 minutes after i turn on the console. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

2 red lights mean you are over heating, try replacing the thermal paste with artice silver and doing the 12 volt fan mod and see if that helps out. I have read on here that it might work after that. If it doesn't work you might have to find someone who can reball the console, since there might be a loose solder point on the board. also try to keep the console from any type of heat source such as a tv set, cable box, vcr, ect... these give off heat and could be causing the console to over heat.

3. leecopp

leecopp Member

Hey mate im not the best person to help with xbox 360 issues but my brother is and he told me about this how to repair guide for the rrod on xbox 360.

the link is HERE!

which apperently he found very useful.

Hope it helps