1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"2 Sheep burners& EFM encoding"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shoey, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Oldaussie

Oldaussie Member

Hi

Being a newbie to copying CDs with Protection
    I would like to ask for advise on how to..
    I have a liteon LTR 52327s burner and I have downloaded
    BlindWrite also Alcoholer 120 1 9 2 1705
    as I have a program that I want to Copy and use as a backup.. I copied it using Clond CD, but it won't work in my computer
    I checked the original in Clonyxxl and it tells me
    the protection is SafeDisc v2.9 with 10 Sculls.
    I have search the net for the last 3 days to try and find how to make a copy that will work..

Please can someone talk me throught it and if I have the correct programs downloaded to do so

Regards

2. Legacy784

Legacy784 Member

I just got my new Lite-On burner and am burning my safedisc 2 copy right now! So far everything is running smooth, no buggy errors!!! This is great! Thx so much man for that information!

I LOVE YOU MAN!

Edit: WOOOOOT ITS DONE...THIS IT SO OWNAGE!!

IN YOUR FACE YOU PROTECTION PEEPS

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. Toughsox

Toughsox Member

Howdy folks. The holidays are approaching and I want to upgrade my sons deck. This list is rather old and I want to get him a dvd burner that will do Safedisc. Can someome tell me what are the "2 sheep" dvd burners, or will they all work nowadays?
    Thanks for the help

4. thebeav

thebeav Member

the poineer a06/106d is a 2 sheep burner just so you all know...(its one of those almost 3 sheep burners...)
    IDE version runs about $100 right now in bay area california

5. skopas

skopas Member

Hey guys, just want to add cdr burner GCE-LG 8520b to the sheep 2 list. I ran the crucial 3 test's to see if it could muscle it up. WHAM!!!!! all good. Yeah ..baby...yeah..

skopas

Here is the url to the sheep test. Enjoy.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101608

6. skopas

skopas Member

Shoey, thanks for the great thread and info. All the power to ya. regards........skopas

7. evilpimp

evilpimp Member

Hi all, i have a pioneer dvd burner DVR-A07XLA, is it a 2 sheep burner or an almost 3 sheep burner or a 1 sheep burner and what is the diffrence between a almost 3 sheep and a 2 sheep thanks

also if i make a backup of a backup of a smarte protected disk witll it work? in alcohol it didnt come up wth read errors while reading it.

thanks

8. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

Is Pioneer DVR-110 DVD burner a 2-sheep burner?

thanks

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

10. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

@ geestar20

The thing is I dont have it yet. I am thinking about buying it, and I want to see if it's a good one.

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I read the specs on the Pioneer DVR-110D and im sure it is a 2 sheep burner. are you going to be making backup of pc games or somthing?

12. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

I am actully looking into getting DVR-110 not 110D which adds RAM writting, but it should be the same thing as 110D as far as other things.

Yea I want to be able to backup games as I dont have a 2-sheep burner now. I've been just living on emulation and virtual drives.

13. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

2 sheep burners don't cut it when it comes to securom games as they don't write the bit patterns correctly. to make a true 1:1 backup of securom then get a plextor premium.

i live off virtual drives also as I don't like switching out games and I also have to enable emulation with a backup of securom games. but no biggie.

14. eLeCTR0n

eLeCTR0n Regular member

I've read a lot about this DVR-110 and it seems great. I think I am just gonna get that and a Plextor Premium, with that combination you cant go wrong.
    And yes I agree I think emulation and virtual drives are awosome but the new SecureRom like Doom3 detects it so you cant use it all the time. Other than that I run all my games from virtual drives.

15. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

i have a proggy that hides your virtual drives. Very small and works perfect.

PM me and I'll send it to you.

16. tj007s13

tj007s13 Member

17. SuckRaven

SuckRaven Member

@ geestar20:

are you saying that you always have to enable emulation for backups of SecuROM protected stuff or that you just prefer to do this? Just wondering if it would make any diff. if you used only a CD-ROM drive to read the backups. (Not sure if ATIP has anything to do with anything in this scenario).

On a related note, is the verdict the PlexWriter Premium (PX-W5232TA) for SecuROM, and something like the Lite-ON SOHR-5238S for SafeDisk? (Only problem with the SOHR-5238S that I could find on the review at cdfreaks was that it ran a little warm, was not too good at CD-RW (which no one uses anyways), and that it is not a 3-sheep burner)...

Basically wondering if these 2 drives are a good combination to tackle (ok maybe not the most brand-spanking new protections) but numbers pretty well up there in both SecuROM and Safedisk...comments welcome..

18. kiss161

kiss161 Guest

My CD burner is on the list