1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 XP OS on one PC-different drives

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tgunn2760, Jun 8, 2014.

1. tgunn2760

tgunn2760 Member

OK, thanks.

2. tgunn2760

tgunn2760 Member

Worked, thanks to everyone who helped.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem, teach & learn.

4. Theo56

Theo56 Member

This may come to you late but here goes. I have several 500 gig hard drive formatted with several different O/S installed; windows XP Pro 32 bit Sp 3, XP Pro 64 bit Sp 2, and Win 7. All will operate using the same utilities that come with your Motherboard. I think the Win 7 is also 64 bit. I have 10 partitions on each of the 500 gig with a different security system on each of the partitions. With this setup I can insert another computers HDD into a removable slot (installed in the computer case) and then use the security on each partition to check for infections. All I need to do is reboot and select which partition/security system I want to use.

This may help you resolve the problem you are having, if any. If you need to contact me, edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  5. ddp

Theo56, no email posting as per forum rules, post edited. i can do that using just 1 os to scan another without using multiple os's as i do that all the time except for win8\8.1 as haven had to scan them yet.

6. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ooo.. anybody smell that?>.. 5 partitions per physical device max

old A8N from Asus eh?.. damn that's an antique from the middle of the bad caps days.. I know.. I've got a K8N and it's dying.. fast for 2004 but win7?.. seriously???.. give it up and buy something that isn't a dead end bad caps antique, first of the dual cores might just about handle it.. but I reckon anything 2002-6 vintage will have bad caps and all kinds of other hardware bugs by now.. so installing and running pretty much anything will be random hit n miss pure luck.. so it's probably not malware causing these bugs, more likely broken software resulting from a bad ram address or a cap spluttering at a non terminal point during install but hey.. try running the result.. heh heh heh

Trust me.. I'm the old hardware genius round these parts. I bring em back from the dead.. literally.. but some are really dead.. Asus x8N series are not worth the effort.. Mines holding up my 6 year older laptop in the bedroom ;)

7. ddp

i do the same thing with blown cap motherboards, psu's & videocard, replace the caps.