1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 XP Pro

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by gt500kr, Feb 10, 2008.

1. gt500kr

gt500kr Member

I have 2 Hard Drives. On one I had XP Pro SP2. I installed Vista on the second one. I did not like the Vista (bad graphics card make Vista look like crap) and tried to format it in XP Pro. But the second Hard Drive would not show up. Using the XP Pro CD, I deleted all partitions on my second drive and the installed xp pro on it. at boot, it asks me if i want to boot xp pro or xp pro. i pick my first one (the one i was using in the beginning) and go into my computer. the second drive shows up as F:. I right click it and select format. after that i reboot but it still asks me to choose between 2 xp pro installations. how do i remove the second xp pro install and remove the dual boot. please help.

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

3. seb32

seb32 Regular member

A more user-friendly way to do that is to just go into Control Panel > System > Advanced > Startup and Recovery (Settings) > (Edit), then just delete the line with the operating system you don't want. Make sure you back up boot.ini first though :-D