1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 pack 4.71 help?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by cbjargon, Feb 8, 2005.

1. cbjargon

cbjargon Member

what i originally wanted to do was backup my avi movies that i have on cd-r and convert them to mpeg 2 and burn them to dvd burner because my dvd player reads that. i have tried alot of the video converters and they said the movie was unsupported when i go to open it (it even said that with an mpeg) i am using win98 nero 6 and roxio dvd burner software and after all this i was wondering if it is the media blanks?

my dvd -r - 200 pack interaxia AG 4.71gb what else do i have to do?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Media is the #1 problem when it comes to dvd burning. I would be very suspicious of your interaxia media.

I don't know much about transferring mpeg into iso for dvd burning.Dvd santa is a highly recommended program.

The best thing to do is use quality media and a 4x burn at max. This can save a lot of problems from happening.

Cheap,generic,and poor quality along with too fast burn, can screw you in so many ways. Even if you successfully transferred those files to ISO, the chances of your stand alone dvd players are very high that your dvd player: may not play them,skips,pixellates,and freezes on playback.

Try some maxell's,they are a fairly consistant brand of media. They have 4 different manufacturers and they range from good to great media:ty,mxl-rg,ritek-g4,and ricohjpn.

Can you view that backup on your pc?