1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Dodge Challenger--And Now Any Car at the Top of One Field or Another. *NO FIGHTING*

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i figure, with starting pay of about $60k after i graduate, i should have enough cash to toy with cars for a while. i can survive on an incredibly small amount of cash ^.^

2. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

$1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Aus what would u do if u had that much money^^^

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

invest in my own private island, build a huge bunker, armory, and self-sufficient power system that runs on wind, sun, and bio-diesel. then i'd cut all ties to government power and donate the excess. i'd be my own power with no need of further US currency.

4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

wow..i was expecting u to say world domination but yea ok that works for me..lol

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

meh; i don't care about world domination, to be honest. i just want my freedom. everyone has a right to theirs---who am i to deny it?

now, for something that's slowly moving us back to cars:
    [​IMG]

in it's natural form, the subaru brat was a bit weak. underpowered and not revolutionary, yes, but it [bold]was[/bold] a subaru, meaning it was reliable, safe, and efficient. with a few performance enhancers and a little body work, it did become something really awesome.
    [​IMG]

my dad had one very similar to that until just before i was born; he got rid of it and picked up an '87 Bronco on my b-day. that bronco lasted until i was 10 and the block cracked. then we got my current truck.

speaking of the 1987 Bronco II, that was a great small SUV. efficient, powerful, and very good for an american car. also a worthy buy.
    [​IMG]
    ours was just like this, except two-tone metallic brown. it was a drop-dead gorgeous vehicle.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  6. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

IMAGE1=lol..did u draw that
    IMAGE2=its a nice sabaru...is that an 05'??

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the STI? yeah, it's an '06. no, i didn't draw it, i just did the photoshop work. my drawing/coloring skills aren't good enough for me to show off online yet.

*edit*
    for the record, my parents got their brat with 80,000 miles and didn't get rid of it until over 120,000 miles later. and it still ran almost like new.

*re-edit*
    image 2 was a bad photoshop job. it has been replaced with what i believe it's an '86, with some work. no idea what's under the hood, though.

8. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

thats some nice car's Aus. now i see why u like them so much......

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

a few other brats:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the t-top brat is sweet. ^.^

i'm still looking for a good pushbar kit for my impreza, as i would love the General Lee look (and extra lights), but so far it looks to have to be completely custom (and thus expensive).

10. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

well aus im ganna hit the hay....i got a final exam i gatta take tommorow hopefully there people like you out there that know about cars the way you do i'll try to keep this thread alive
    well
    l8r Aus
    ;)

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Many years ago when I was in high school, someone in Newport Rhode Island, a very wealthy town, owned a type of Rolls Royce I'd never seen before or since. It was a roadster and while it was actually very large, it's design as a two seater roadster made it look much smallr. It was a two tone green...a light mint green and a forest green. It had three different tops...a hard top, a convertible and a fabrick that would unzip over the driver seat. It had a rumble seat in the rear, all the Chrome was actually gold plate or something...the grille, the headers etc. It was a work of art but I have no idea of the make but Lord it was beautiful. It was a 12 or 16 cylinder ... the front was this massive collection of pipes.

Ah well ... gotta go LOL. I'm exhausted and must engage in a little rapid eye movement. Sleep well all!

Aus, I'm going to draw something but haen't decide3e what.

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

something like this?
    [​IMG]

13. escalante

escalante Regular member

damn that looks weird. i personally don't really like those types of cars. it's cool but i would rather own something else.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the brat or the rolls looks weird?

15. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

man i love the roll's if i had a car like that man call me bill gates..lol

The Brat is an asome car....

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

like i said before, a stock brat was a bit weak. but with some building, it's frickin' awesome.

17. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

I bet it is Aus i bet it is...

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

contribute more car stuff, ya slacker! ^.^

after i graduate, i've decided the first thing i'm gonna pick up is a 1968 charger. i don't need/want a hemi or 440 wedge; i'd rather have a 383 or even a 318. the 383 is preferable. here's some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i would put a 5 or 6 speed manual tranny in it, do a few upgrades, etc, and paint it flat black. it would be a total sleeper. i wouldn't keep it all original or buy it that way, so i wouldn't feel bad cutting it a bit. a 383 built right with a 6-speed could give me 400 horsepower/450 ft-lbs of torque and give me 28 mpg on the highway, given i drove easy.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you have to admit that a charger packin' a custom tranny and a well-built 383 would be quite a beast on the road, though. ^.^

there's really not enough vintage cars left; i can build a 1968 charger completely out of repro parts at this point, and that's probably what i'll wind up doing.

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Auslander , if you do that your still going to have 30.000 to 40.000 in the car ,theses are VERY hard to find at this point in time