1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$.23 Taiyo Yuden's!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by peachman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. peachman

peachman Member

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

anybody use this one yet ? how is this ?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

they work just fine...they are the TYGO1s...i have thousands of these, so from experience, you're ok to go with these. obviously, the shipping rate sort of kills the deal, but, definitely a good price. shipping is different depending on which state they ship to, and since im in CALI, i have to pay tax and about $9 in shipping, which totally kills it for me. best of luck to those who live out of california, this is a good price.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah they work perfect i ordered a couple hundred and got TYGO-2,they ended up being 33.88 here total with shipping and NO TAX

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

woops 30.88 i met not 33.88

6. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

seems like we have yet another lucky member who received the TYGO2s for the regular TYGO1s paid for...i'm still tryin to figure out how you guys/gals do it...i have never been so lucky as to receive the TYGO2s. glad you are pleased with them, lucky lucky lucky~! hehe :)

7. media007

media007 Guest

8. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

media007,

have you bought and tried the Burnmaster media?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

9. media007

media007 Guest

I haven't tried myself, but one of my friends tried the dvd-r 8x and another tried the 52x cd-r burnmaster, they both got 100each and liked the discs. no cruiser and playback well. hope this helps.

10. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Media007,

could you ask him if he used dvdidentifier pro to check the media codes on his disk?

11. media007

media007 Guest

yes, he did, it's tyg02, i can tell it's from TY just by looking at the cake box. Only TY use that kind of cake box, a little bit fat at the bottom, and next to the bar code, it showed made in japan.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

please look on your friends disc if there is any other identifying code on the inner hub that has been laser inscribed. i can tell you right now that i have personally been faked out just by using a media ID indentifier program, those codes can be easily faked. i have fake TYs right now with that same TYGO2 coded by 3 different identifier programs. i know they are fake since they don't have the GG000000 or GD000000 on the hub...please let us know.

13. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

I think in a month or so, we will see the prices of the TY 8x discs go down.

It could be that some of the online stores don't have the 4x anymore so they are forced to send the 8x.

In any case, they would still be making a lot of many as I know the mark-up for these retail items are about 100%!!

14. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

just wish they were FORCED to send me the TYGO2s rather than the huge 23lb box of TYGO1s~! :p

i think you are right that prices may go down, by how much, that is debateable. 8x are the norm now more so than the 4x, i hope prices will continue to drop significantly now that the 16x are becoming more and more popular. if the 8x TY ever drop down to say, $0.30/disc, i will definitely buy by the thousands, instead of by the hundreds i do now. i'm still curious about those "burnmaster" OEM TYs from the other thread, i emailed that company that were selling them, www.allmediaoutlet.com to inquire about the authenticity of these stating i would buy the 1,200 pack without a second hesitation if they could prove to me they were authentic or send me a 1 disk sample of some sort (i even said i would pay for shipping to send me a single disc), they have yet to reply, it's been about 2 days since i emailed them. :(
    i'll let everyone on here know once i get a reply, until then, good luck to all those that have taken advantage of these very low priced TYGO1s. they are great media, im starting on my 3rd spindle of them as i finish typing this post, i use these w/ all the confidence in the world knowing that they will last years from now w/ no probs. *keeping fingers crossed* happy burning.

15. media007

media007 Guest

hi all, my friend just checked the media and found the following number around the inner circle "GG000102", and this is for the dvd-r 8x, not sure about the dvd+r 8x cause he didn't order it. So this is genuine ty media?

16. vike

vike Member

Regarding kivory666's inquiry to allmedia, they reply more quickly if you call them and wait (yes, I know being on hold for 20 minutes sucks). I did that once regarding a shipment of DVDs and got fairly adequate customer service. If all you want is a 1 disc sample, check out their web site, they have 10 disc sampler packs you can try out that are <$20.

17. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

well, from what i know about TY media, those seem authentic. there are just so many factors you have to weigh in to determine. yes i have called them and waited 30 min. actually on hold, but their sampler packs are for 10 different discs, i don't care for the other 9 discs. i just requested a few of these Burnmaster discs from them and i paid only shipping for it, they said i should receive it in about a week or so. i'll let you guys know once i test these out personally. thanks for your input guys.

18. blktalon

blktalon Member

Try using Kprobe2 instead of DVD Identifyer for the actual manufacturer codes. I used to use Identifyer primarily until I recently found out my Mitsui(MAM-A) discs were actually made by someone else and are total crap. I am almost finished attempting to recopy the work I did on just over 100 of these and am experiencing failure rates of around 30%. I also found the Mitui's were reporting error rates 10-100x worse than the TY's.

I only use Rima even though they screw me on shipping($9.00 would be great, I get charged a minimum of $36.00 to Hawaii) because I know they are genuine TY's and the only reliable media I have found.

19. SlimBim

SlimBim Member

I have done some investigating on the Burnmaster brand.

They are going to drop the 'Based on TDK' 16x discs due to lack of demand.

Also the Taiyo Yuden 8x are genuine but they are from a value line that isn't for general consumption and TY won't guarantee them at any speed!

They are a one off batch that won't be seen in the market again.

Basically they were graded genuine TY discs.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

not replying about TY discs i'm afraid, but i noticed one of the posts above mentioned KProbe2. I hadn't come across this before and recommended it's use on another thread where someone couldn't find any utils to booktype his drive. However KProbe2 seems very unstable, it's crashed half a dozen times with different errors already...hmmmm... I've let the guy on the other thread know in case it causes him more hassle than he's already got... just thought i'd mention it..

Last edited: May 20, 2005