1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24 - season 1, disc 5 - problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sox2k4, Mar 14, 2005.

1. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

i have tried pretty much every program that i know of just to rip the contents of this disc and it fails at 28%. this points to the disc being damaged BUT i have tried two different copies of this disc all with the same result. i have used:

Decrypter (w/ Brute force settings)
    Shrink
    Recode
    DVDCopy 3
    Rebuilder

the common message i get is "cyclic redundancy" error. i have searched the forums for answers. i have tried everything that i have come across in the forums, with no success on this ONE disc alone (again with multiple copies of it).

i am using Any DVD. i have all of the latest versions of the above software. my system works perfectly with everything else i have tried. any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

has anyone else had problems with this disc? i really don't think that a disc from Netflix and a disc from Blockbuster would both be damaged (only on one disc out of six). anybody?

3. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

OK OK - now i know this isn't me. i have no problems copying DVDs, up until now that is. i am on my second season of 24. disc 5 of both season 1 and season 2 are giving my cyclic redundancy errors. i have tried copies of both from both Netflix and Blockbuster - there is no way that all four of those discs are damaged, not possible. what is a logical explanation of this - i would appreciate any and all help here guys.

normally i get a lot of help here, but i am striking out right now. please don't say search - because you try searching Google and afterdawn for anything on problems copying 24...you'll find about 2 links.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I haven't backed up that episode, but out of all the proggys you have listed there I don't see AnyDVD? You may want to give that a go because it has been known to solve a lot of problems.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

5. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

bbmayo i respect you man, but read the first post...

"i am using Any DVD." i didn't get 300 dvds copied by not knowing the basics.

6. PraXuS

PraXuS Member

The only thing I can suggest it to make sure your decrypter is up to date and also try it in cojunction with recode, recode has gotten me out of alot of problems when all others have failed.

7. PraXuS

PraXuS Member

I just noticed you said you had the updated software, I would reinstall decrypter using only default settings just once more if you havent already.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

My bad... :) thats what I get for only readin half the post.. Man!! and I get mad when other people do that LOL

I would suggest you go to Decrypter's website forum and report your issue's there to Lightning_UK he probably has a awork around for it, but if not he will ask you to send him some logs and stuff and he will get one. thats all I can think of seeing how you are have the problem with 4 copys of the same disk..

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Something else I just thought of.. I haven't had this problem myself, but I did read it in a thread somewhere that someone was having a problem until they turned AnyDVD off, and then they were successfull. Worth a try anyway..

10. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

thanks bb, i'll give it a try when i get off work. very frustrating to have two seasons of your absolute favorite show and both are missing their fifth disc!!!

11. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

I know this is off topic, But why in the world is a season show 5 discs long? Is there alot of extra's?

12. PraXuS

PraXuS Member

I had a similar problem not ripping but with read errors from my disc. I was working on CSI usually when I did have any problems with it it would be the last episode on the disc at chapter 5 and I too got another one from Netflix and Blockbuster with the same result. That was 3 seperate disc total. I was never able to get a good copy from any of them.

13. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

ok - there are lots of shows that have seasons consisting of 6 discs or more. if you haven't watched "24" then you are missing out. that is the best tv show of all time in my opinion.

14. jeanielou

jeanielou Guest

you're right on that last comment, my husband has me setting the timer to get every episode...then pouts because when we skip over the advertisements it only turns out to be about a 35 minute show...boy does it go fast!! Anyway, you've had better luck than me, I can't get past the 3rd episode on disk 1 of the 3rd season (haven't even started the other season's yet) I'm having the same problem...I'll try and keep up with your thread, I'd sure like to get this disc returned, but I need a backup first!!! - Jeanie Lou