1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

250 gig hard drive on PS2 softmod. Winhiip only shows 160 gig

Discussion in 'PS2' started by preludexl, Feb 6, 2008.

1. preludexl

preludexl Member

I am confused. I have a 250gig hitachi drive. I parititoned it into 1 partition and then formatted it in windows, , and then formatted it with winhiip. I uploaded 11 images worth about 45+ gigs, however, winhiip only shows that I have around 90 gig left. Where is the other 100 gig??? I think I read on the hdadvance website that says that 160gig is the max that can be used or rather 137gig is useable. What about the other spare drive space? Can I use it to store windows files? I can see the drive connected to my computer via usb external enclosure. And I can paste files into the harddrive. It shows that it is 250gig free, even though I uploaded 45 gig of PS2 isos I made from my dvds. Will windows be smart enough to put the files into the space NOT used by winhiip???

I just want to use all the space in my hard drive instead of having it sit there, since winhiip can only use less than 150gig.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 6ixtynin9

6ixtynin9 Guest

You HDD MUSThave a PS2 Master Boot Record before your PS2 can even detect it. If you can see the your PS2 drive via windows explorer, it's not formatted properly and will not be detected by the PS2 because it still have the windows Master Boot Record. Do this: Open up winhiip and select your PS2 drive. From there, reformat your HDD using the FORMAT DRIVEbutton. Since it's larger than 137GB, click option, then click 48bit HDLoader. Do not use Toxic OS or 28bit. If you do, the capacity will be limited to 137GB. I have a 500GB seagate HDD it utilizes 98% of the drive. Setting it to 48bit means anything over 137GB. HDLoader can support up to 1TB I believe. Hope this helps.

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

ditch hdadvanced and get hdloader 0.8b for memory card exploit. hdloader 0.8 can see drives up to 2TB.

follow 6ixtynin9's post, and enable 48bit LBA in winhiip. that will enable full capacity of the drive.

4. preludexl

preludexl Member

thanks. now how do i upgrade the hdloader to 0.8b? just upload it with ulaunch elf over the old program right? ugh. thanks for the info on choosing 48bit. i chose the 28 bit, that is prob why it didnt see all the remaining storage. i want to create 2 partitions if possible so i can store movies in there as well.