1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

250GB 2.5inch SATA HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by zhihaouk, Sep 19, 2007.

1. zhihaouk

zhihaouk Member

I dont know whether your guy see this be4.
    Item Specifics - Hard Drives
    Capacity: 250 GB Internal/External: Internal
    Form Factor: 2.5'' -Laptop Interface: Serial ATA
    Brand: Western Digital Condition: New
    Read Speed RPM: 5400
    I saw this on eBay...
    this is the largest HDD i have seen..
    and its 94 pounds...
    (I am not advertising here)...
    just let your guys know

2. joey15

joey15 Member

Largest i've seen too.
    Good price too.
    Btw... anyone else having trouble with that blue screw?
    It just won't budge! I've completely ruined the thread with the amount of screw drivers i've used as well.

3. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

if you are refering to the hdd screw .took the hard drive out the day i got it.all was good .still got me original ps3 hdd .bought a 320 ext hdd.pc world, reduced from more than 160 uk.paid 75,wish i had bought more

4. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I have an internal 3.5 sata hard drive. If I get a hard drive enclosure, wont I be able to use the hard drive as an external, but will I also be able to use this hard drive jsut the same as the internal hard drive that comes within the system? Even though I am advanced enough to switch out the hard drive myself, I really dont want to alter anything with the console itself. To me, any HDD smaller than 250gb is just not worth the hassle of switching out the hard drive......
    Now since this 2.5 internal 250gb hard drive is out as mentioned above, Im thinking about switching it out. My origional 60gb is about 2gb away from being full. but its mostly music, video and trailer downloads and game demos. But the external drive I have is 250gb. so it may not be worth the hassle either. I found a cool Enclosure that has the same finish as the PS3 so it will atleast look better.

any suggestions?
    Also
    Has anyone tried connecting a TB hard drive to the ps3?