1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by advancement, Dec 23, 2003.

1. advancement

advancement Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

It looks like u over-reacted a bit. DVD Decrypter is an easy to use, very reliable ripping utility. I use it every time I rip.

DVD Decrypter (when used in IFO or FILE modes) will rip the DVD and put the files into a folder of your choosing. It does not automatically create a VIDEO_TS folder for u, since the files are not burnable as-is.

Once you've ripped the files and processed/compressed them using something like DVD2One or DVD Shrink, put those files into a folder named VIDEO_TS and burn em. Or, if u use Nero, put the files into the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero creates when you use DVD-Video mode.

When the movie is a relatively short one (DVD5), you can use DVD Decrypter in ISO mode. It will rip it, create an ISO image on your HD, prompt u to put in a dvdr, then burn it for u.

If all your other software is expired, I recommend using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Both are free, easy to use, and reliable.