1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2GB Memory Stick Duo Problems

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Rescorbic, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Rescorbic

Rescorbic Member

I just recently formatted my 2GB Memory stick for PSP, and now it's not working correctly.

I cannot transfer anything onto the memory card via PSP or Memory stick adapter. When I use my PSP to try and transfer, it says the memory stick is full, and when I try and use my memory stick adapter (which works for my 32MB memory stick), it doesn't even detect. I used my 3.10 OE-A PSP to format my stick.

The PSP says that I have 2GB of free space on the memory stick, and everytime I go to the memory stick's games or saved data utility, the PSP detects a crapload of corrupted data. However, when I plug it in and try to see these corrupted files, they don't appear (I have all my folder options set to show even hidden/system files) as if the memory card is empty. I don't know what the hell happened.

2. SEGA3

SEGA3 Guest

wow that sux..well im not an expert on this but wat u could do is buy da same type of memory card n return the corrupted one for a new one hopefully they wont check for any serial numbers or wat not, its worth a try u never know u may just get a newbie at the store. i ming wat can they do but assume u brought back the wrong one lol.any way good luck on that.

ps: wats the biggest psp memory stick uv seen im lookin for the most possible space for my psp for videos, music, ect?

3. Rescorbic

Rescorbic Member

Haha, that's a good idea, but I've fixed the problem, by formatting the memory stick via computer instead of PSP. It seems that my PSP screws up the memory stick when it formats it.

The biggest memory card I've heard about is 8GB, no 40GB, lol.

4. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i also had problems with my fake 2gb memory stick ,so i connected my psp via usb to my pc and did what 527master says in this thread and now works fine ,but i dont see any difference in the transfer speed

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/488994

5. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

y'know sony announced that they will release a 32gb mem stick of the same format eventually