1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2GB Sony Memory stick is not working !!... Please help..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by SearchDS, Jun 3, 2007.

1. SearchDS

SearchDS Member

Hi there,
    I'm really feeling disappointed right now.. because I just found out that the memory I bought for the psp is fake..
    but thats not the problem..
    I have 2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo , I bought it from Ebay and received it like 5 days ago.When I tried it the first time .. there was ~300 MB free space but after I formated it using the PSP , it became 1.89 GB.

After 2 days my friend told me to format it using the PC and change the file system to(FAT)cuz its faster (I used a memory adaptor this time), and when I tried it to insert it in the psp ... The PSP didnt detect any memory stick ... and I felt shocked!!
    I tried formatting the memory again and again with changing the file system to (FAT32) but the problem appears like it has nothing to do with it..

The problem right now is... How to get the memory working on the PSP again?!

*PS : I got 1 GB mem and its working perfectly on the PSP... but this 2GB isn't ... so i dont think the problem is from the PSP.

And the 2GB mem works on the PC using the memory adaptor..so im not sure what the problem is..

Please .. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me.
    and thanks in advance.

2. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

well it seems that it stopped working after you converted it to FAT, try converting back to NTFS.

3. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

My friend is also having this problem too.(2gb)
    The PSP doesn't detect any mem. stick.
    But the Memory Stick Indicator Light blink....blink...blink...

Help!