1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd class media: How bad is it?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by vike, Mar 1, 2005.

1. vike

vike Member

I've been looking at buying some super cheap media such as Supermedia store brand or Power Matrix for backing up my daughter's cartoons. She's 3 and can operate the dvd player without any damage, but she's hard on the discs. Does anyone know of some super cheap media I can use as a "throwaway" backup, rather than having to waste a good TY or Ritek disc? Also, does anyone know (or have a guess)on what the coaster percentage is for the cheaper media? If it's under the 20% range that would be ok.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Quality media isn't expensive. Not much difference in price between crap and good. As far as what to look for in media, a successful burn is only half the battle. You also have to think down the line after 6 months(somtimes sooner) when you go to watch your backup and all of a sudden it's like there was never anything on the disc. Save yourself the headache and buy some decent media.

3. budberner

budberner Guest

How cheap is super cheap? If you calculate burn fail rate, cheap becomes more expensive. Like wolfniggr says not much difference in price. When you look you can find quality for less money out the door than "cheap"