1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2x burn speed complications?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by crumb, Feb 27, 2005.

1. crumb

crumb Member

My DVD-R 8x media (Memorex) doesn't allow me to burn slower than 2x... I mean, I'm assuming it's the media. People always say "the slower, the better" and that's fine by me, but without buying slower discs to burn at 1x, I was wondering if anyone knew of problems I might encounter if I burn at 2x? FYI - it's a brand new slim PS2, if that makes any difference.

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

most of the stuff I've burnt was at 4x and so far I haven't noticed too much of a problem. 2x should be fine.

3. crumb

crumb Member

anyone else?

4. razrlight

razrlight Member

howdy, when i first tried burning a back-up, i tried on a 1x dvd-rw, as i read and understood that, as u said crumb, the slower the better, but to no avail. so, i then tried burning a back-up onto a 2x datasafe dvd, and again, i had problems. now i just back-up my games to 4x ritek ridisk dvd-r's and have had NO probs at all. (fingers crossed) not sure if this was what u wanted to hear, but hope it helps.

5. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

[bold]Hey All! =)[/bold]

As far as DVD Burning is concerned it all has to do with the media and your DVD Writer, if you own a new model that was released within the last year 1x and 2x is not recommended for PS2 backups and or anything else. Newer model DVD Writers don't need 1x as they have a higher/equal quality burn at 4x, as far as 2x writing goes it would only be suggested for media that have that writing speed specification. I've tested plenty of media at different speeds all performed more than well at 4x. My recommendation for PS2 backups is TDK 8X DVD-R TTG02 Media burned at 4x with a NEC ND-3500AG.