1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2x or 4x burning?-once ripped VIDEO_TS onto hdd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 5meagol, Oct 28, 2004.

1. 5meagol

5meagol Member

i was told that you get errors if you burn at 4x. like your movie may skip etc. i know that this is the case when burning quite a few divx's onto dvd (for my mpeg player)

but if ive ripped into VIDEO_TS folder. do i have to still burn at 2x? or can i burn at 4x and get no errors.

thanks for any help

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

It depends on your system, burner and media. I started out at 2.4x, then tried out 4x. No prob. I haven't had the time to try out 8x yet. Best bet is get some RW and give it a whirl. You can tinker and don't have to fear the CoAsTeR!

3. cmoney

cmoney Guest

I have been using Memorex DVD-R 4x media for awhile. I've made about 200 hundred Movies that play in all dvd players (from PC ones to set top ones), and I've had no problems.

4. 5meagol

5meagol Member

hmm oh yeah. based on system- ive got:

-windows xp sp1
    -p4 3ghz
    -1gb ram (dual channel)
    -2x 120b RAID
    -liteon dvd burner (the one u can upgrade to DL with sony firmware- havent done it yet)
    -radeon 9600 pro
    -creative sb live 5.1 de

i think it should do 4x but ive had some trouble burning divx's onto dvd at 4x- to play in my hardware mpeg 4 player. they skip and stuff. hmm i guess its different with dvds i spose (cause of no codec and all)

thanks guys

5. DAVNET

DAVNET Member

Might be the media not the software or hardware. I scrap a few blanks & get some errors when i use cheap media. Ridata 4X DVD+R seems to handle the 4X burn, for me. neweegg has good deals.

6. Mpdogg25

Mpdogg25 Guest

I have had good luck using Sony DVD-R and burning at 4X. I haven't had a problem with them, yet that is.

7. petekelly

petekelly Member

Yes I couldnt agree anymore the best and most reliable media is dvd-r from memorex

8. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Guys, go to www.nomorecoasters.com to see the ratings and media ID's for your disks. You'll find that memorex is junk (good for data not for video). I was using comp USA disks (media ID cmc mag) and they played great in my sanyo standalone player. I have 3 other players and alot of them would freeze and skip. I switched to Maxell dvd-r 2x-4x yellowish gold tops made in Japan and they all work in all my players.If you have only one dvd player I hope it doesn't crap out on you and you have to buy another make/model.I get the Maxell at Wal-Mart, 15 spindle for 16 bucks plus change.If you use dvd decrypter to burn it will show you the media ID in the info about the burn.Or you can get a program like dvd info pro which will show you the media ID.I've been burning at 4x and no problems so far.

9. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

100 DVD +R Ritek Ridata for $26...........
    100 DVD +R Ritek Ridata for $26...........

Mort81 let me know about this deal. I bought mine here last time too, they usually have a good deal.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0
    You have to buy before the end of the month for the $10 rebate.
    Oh yea they are +R Ritek Ridata 4x, and they should be RICOHJN on the ID. They are the real deal.

100 DVD +R Ritek Ridata