1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2x works better and some games loads really slow!?!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aprzh, Jun 13, 2004.

1. aprzh

aprzh Member

hi everyone! i'm new here, so if i'm making a mistake let me know.

i've had many problems recent and finally decided to join the forum instead of just reading. my problems aren't covered or i couldn't find them. here they are:
    first of all, i'm using the swap method, ps2=ver.2, and my dvd-writer is a generic brand from officemax.
    problems:
    1. i can't get some games to work on 1x record, why is that?

2. some games work okay but they load very slowly if burned on 1x. 2x seems better. can somebody explain this? but on 2x, the movie's sound pauses and jolts.

3. this is my most headache. i want to backup my guilty gear xx, but the after wasting 15+ dvds, everything from above happens. the game is not on the list of swapmagicfix website. the game takes 20 seconds to loadup or sometimes it won't load at all. help?

4. sometimes the skip of sounds happens, sometimes it doesn't. am i doing something wrong?

help are so, so, so appreciated!

"wang"

2. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

Sounds like you may have a combination of many problems. Your lens in your PS2 might be a little dirty. The media you're using might be at fault. Try a little better brand of dvd-r if you can. I'd recommend using Alcohol 120% to create and then burn your images. Your burn speed problems would tend to point to a media problem, as I can burn at 4x on certified 4x dvd-r's with no problems in load times. Also, I don't know how much use your ps2 has had, so dirt, heat, dust could be causing problems, but not if everything else works fine for you. Try the above, hope it works. If not, let us hear about it.

3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

sounds like your media is bad or you didnt burn your game properly!!

4. aprzh

aprzh Member

i use alcohol120% for backing up. thanks for the help so far btw.

are tdk dvd-r and verbatim dvd+r okay brands? those are what i use.

here is something else weird. do brands matter that much? on most backups, the tdk dvd would load real slow. the verbatim loads fast, but the sound skips or the movies skips.

i can't burn 1x, those discs stall the software if i try. i can only select 2x.

has anyone else encountered these problems?
    i see a lot of threads getting locked down for illegal reasons. i want to let the moderators know that i'm really backup up games i like, NOT pirating them. thx!

5. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

use dvd decrypter to burn and copy your games also
    tdk arent that good of a brand of dvd discs but verbitam are awesome it does matter because bad branded discs wear out your laser faster than good quality discs if you use dvd decrypter to burn movies the sound shouldnt skip neather should the movies!