1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0 U Wii, Big Brain Acadamy not asking to update?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by SpankyJ, Feb 12, 2008.

1. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

I got Big brain acadamy, USA, and it is not asking me to update to 3.1. My wii is a 3.0 anyone know why that is? Is there another game that can provide this update?

Also ever since I used Big Brain acadamy a cpl of my games will no longer load (the backups), most do but the originals work fine,anyone got an idea?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Super Mario Galaxy has 3.1 update.

3. juniR

juniR Guest

No previously working backup is guaranteed to work if the firmware of the wiikey changes - it may be more picky about media and the burner and this might only be with certain games cos some games will run when others won't.

So basically you need to try and burn those games again on different media.

4. SpankyJ

SpankyJ Regular member

Ive played mario galaxy and it didnt ask me to update... hmm thats the game that came w/ my wii so maybe it was already brick blocked... does it just randomly come up and ask you to update or do you have to choose it somewhere?

5. Yoohoo2G

Yoohoo2G Member

Same here, I played Mario Galaxy and it didn't ask me to update and I'm fine with that. I had 3.0u until yesterday, after reading lots of posts that it's ok to update online (I didn't want to update because I still want to play my old school roms: NES, SNES, Genesis...) I finally updated to 3.1u thru the internet. I'm glad that everything still works like normal. If you want to update online, go back to your email inbox that Nintendo sent to you on December 16 and just click on the link to update.
    As for your other backups, like the other said, it could be the media that you burned.