1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.02 OE-B ...... Heeeeeeeeeeelp Please

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mambotech, Jun 29, 2007.

1. mambotech

mambotech Member

Hi,

I have a PSP that was running 3.02 OE-A and I have just tried to update t0 OE-B. I used the instructions and the PSP rebooted and ran through a few process's then said exiting and now all I get is a black screen. I can get in to recovery mode but I am lost now as I don't actually know what is wrong.

Can anyone help please. I have only had the unit 5 days and I bought it on ebay from China.

Thanks

2. mambotech

mambotech Member

Dam!

I made a mistake. I have used 3.02OE-B when I already was at 3.40-OEA :( Is there anyway I can fix this please.

Thanks

3. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

4. mambotech

mambotech Member

mrmcman,

Thanks I am now at 1.50 ...can I upgrade to 3.40-OEA from 1.50? if so are there any instruction on how to do this. Currently I have a strange problem with the screen switching off. If I remove the power lead the screen then comes back :S

Thanks

5. mambotech

mambotech Member

Hi mrmcman,

OK ..I have upgraded to the 3.40OEA bit of a panic as it didn't come up straight way. I had to take the battery out. Can you tell me how I install the recovery console ... I have tried pressing the R button but it doesn't load ??

Thanks

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

make sure the psp is completely off. if unsure, take the battery out. then, hold R upon reboot. continue holding R until the recovery menu shows up.
    also, if u feel necessary, put the recovery folder in /PSP/GAME again now, but just do not run it. this makes it easier if u ever brick it or need to reflash again.

7. mambotech

mambotech Member

Hi,

Thanks, I have managed to get it back to a working PSP again. I have one more question. I seem to be able to play cso but not iso files ?

Any ideas?

Thanks

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the only difference is compression. just be glad its not the other way around, and compress all iso's into cso's using umdgen

9. mambotech

mambotech Member

I hav e just download umdgen 2.0 but I cannot find any options to compress iso files ??

Thanks for your help

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

drag the iso u want to the first page that pops up. after it has been put there, there should be a PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.BIN there. then, using the top guide bar, go to the third section. along the side, there is a VOLUME section. put the game name there. then, go to the top again and press save as... then select compressed (.cso) and it will compress ur game.

11. mambotech

mambotech Member

Hi mrmcman,

I am trying to find some info on how to downgrade my daughters PSP so she can use the downloaded games. I have found a couple of posts but they are a bit confusing. Unfortunately my son upgraded it to 3.50 which I understand can be a pain to downgrade. I wonder if you can point me to some reliable instructions.

Thanks

12. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

man, its not a pain to downgrade. its a pain finding Lumines so u can downgrade. heres a link to the downgrader, read the readme in the included download package for reliable instructions. http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.50-downgrader-PSP/pg/12/fid/13978/catid/114
    maybe, go to a blockbuster nearby ur house and run un there really quick and see if u can just rent a copy. beats buying one, anyway...

13. mambotech

mambotech Member

Hi,

I just won a copy on ebay .... Let hope it the right version. I think it will resell as well. I got it for £16 second hand :)

Thanks

14. mambotech

mambotech Member

15. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

I'm assuming you haven't downgraded and upgraded to OE firmware yet?
    If not you cannot install that theme untill you do so.
    ALSO I suggest you stay away from theme packs (and anything that flashes your PSP [Except the downgrade process]) untill you are more familiar with Homebrew. Stick with the standard Homebrew apps for now.

I'm NO expert, but maybe mrmcman can comment?

16. mambotech

mambotech Member

Drugless,

Thanks. I have bricked my PSP and recovered it and I am running 3.40 OE-A. I would like to learn more. Can you point me in the direction of some doc's so I can learn more about homebrew

Thanks

17. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

Ouch! I've not bricked and recovered (yet!) so maybe you are the expert? Hehe.
    Ok. I am not aware of any comprehensive up-to-dateguides but try this one:
    http://www.pspfanboy.com/2005/12/16/guide-to-installing-homebrew-on-your-psp/

I just follow as many threads on Afterdawn to determine the correct process around firmware updates etc.

As far as Homebrew, I stick to:
    http://dl.qj.net (latest stuff),
    http://www.psp-hacks.com (general)
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk (GPS Mapviewer, Downgrader news)

I don't download anything that hasn't had a few reviews / ratings / downloads already. If an application doesn't have a read.me that is clear then I don't take a chance untill I get a better understanding first. Basically common sense I suppose?

I suggest a google here and there

18. mambotech

mambotech Member

Drugless,

I have found out how to change the theme ... you need to go into recovery mode and advanced then toggle usb flash0 this takes you into the system folders. Make sure you backup all the folders before you make any changes. Go into VSH and copy the files to resources. I have done this but still not able to get the theme working yet :S

Thanks

19. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

dont forget to run flash agent and the topmenu_plugin.rco through an icon converter first

20. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

mambotech

Just a heads up, I believe that theme pack is for 3.03oe(not too sure, since it doesn't say), it will semi-brick your 3.40oe if you try to flash it. Make a back up of your entire flash0, so you can just replace everything with original if/when you semi-brick.