1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.02 OE-B v,s 3.03OE-B

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cobba, Jan 11, 2007.

1. cobba

cobba Member

I,m on 3.02 and I was wandering is there any point to go to 3.03,what is the difference,and also i just wanted to confirm with the recovery file that goes into the game folder is it normal that it reads as corrupted.

2. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

yep its normal that the recovery file says corrupted, if i was you i wouldnt fix a working thing lol, if you havnt had any problems then you dont need to install the update to fix the bugs, i personly am going back to devhook

3. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

3.03 includes the CPU Clock Speed option and has a few minor bug fixes. Ive done 5 PSPs with 3.03 OE-A2 (A') not bothered going to 3.03 OE-B yet but will at some point.

I cant see any reason to go back to Devhook. It has no advantages over the OE firmware updates......

Oh, and you can hide your corrupt icons from the configuration in the Recovery Menu.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  4. ashe2kk2

ashe2kk2 Guest

with 303 oea, can i run iso's through usbhosts? playing games from my computer??? how do i do this... thanks for anyhelp!!!

5. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

3.03 supports compressed PSX games, that's the main feature why most people have upgraded.

To play games via USB you'll need devhook 0.46, the USB modules for it and the 2.71 firmware eboot (as that version of devhook won't emulate anything higher).

That also means any games that require higher than a 2.71 will not currently work via USB or wifi

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  6. gti007

gti007 Member

I found that the new 3.03OE-B actually run ISO a lot faster than the previous 3.02OE-B, i'm happy with it also added way better pmp or mp4 video quality at higer resolution

7. gzach

gzach Regular member

well, higher res video is what OE-B is about

8. ashe2kk2

ashe2kk2 Guest

can one have 3.03oe and run the devhook .46 2.71 also? i tried it with 3.01 oe and while the usbhosts recognized my psp, and devhook found my iso's, when i tried to start the game . the psp crashed... am i doing something wrong. i have had the usbhosts working properly on both the psp before going to 3.01oe

9. ashe2kk2

ashe2kk2 Guest

how can i remove this customizd firmware? ive tried to find the answer elsewhere, but im just not happy with it, and can;t find how to get rid of it.

10. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

1.50 firmware update renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the recovery folder, in GAME.

Go to recovery mode, and select run EBOOT.PBP at PSP/GAME/RECOVERY

You'll get back to 1.5

Out of curiousity, whats not to like about OE-B?

11. ashe2kk2

ashe2kk2 Guest

i cant get usb hosts to work and ive tried devhook 46 aslo tried upgrading devhook to 52 still cant get usbhosts to work, i still want to play my psp iso from my pc. and cant figure out how... if anyone can help that would be great....

12. ashe2kk2

ashe2kk2 Guest

if someone can tell me how i can run usbhosts to play iso from my pc, with 301,302 or 303 oe a or b i would be thrilled to keep it.